• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    If it took cheap M16 magazines it would almost be perfect. But noooooooooooo Ruger wants $$$$$$$$$$$$$

True dat. This Mini 14 came with two 5 round magazines. Although there is a way to easily make them 6 round magazines... :D

Underneath the follower there is a small piece of plastic you can snip off, which allows the follower to be depressed enough for the mag to accept one more round. This little tidbit of info I found online from a Ruger armorer... :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Man I tried looking up a value for one on those or even one for sale, just for shits and giggles sake, but there is nuthin.

The McCann 458 conversions seem to be vaporware since Rich McCann passed on.

I'd love to have one, just for shits and giggles.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Awww, I thought it was going to be an M1 carbine. A mini is more like 2nd cousin :-)

Still nice and fun though.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    True dat. This Mini 14 came with two 5 round magazines. Although there is a way to easily make them 6 round magazines... :D

Underneath the follower there is a small piece of plastic you can snip off, which allows the follower to be depressed enough for the mag to accept one more round. This little tidbit of info I found online from a Ruger armorer... :innocent0

Hi-cap 6 rd conversion, you are a dangerous man.

Echoing the above good old wood and blued steel.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What happened to all those Minis that Lou45 had in inventory? I swear he had hundreds of them. They were stainless GB ones

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Mini 30 or Mini 14 ?
    Me? Mini 14

I just ordered and received a Weaver V7 2.5x7 35mm scope for it. Also am installing a M1911A1 Wilson Combat buffer on its operating spring rod (those fit better).

I agonized FOREVER on what to scope it with. I think what I finally decided upon is going to work well

Will try to get to the range with it this weekend. :thumbsup:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Me? Mini 14

I just ordered and received a Weaver V7 2.5x7 35mm scope for it. Also am installing a M1911A1 Wilson Combat buffer on its operating spring rod (those fit better).

I agonized FOREVER on what to scope it with. I think what I finally decided upon is going to work well

Will try to get to the range with it this weekend. :thumbsup:

Let us know how the buffer works out. Mine did not like it. I had trouble with bolt hold-open, and it jammed quite a bit.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Let us know how the buffer works out. Mine did not like it. I had trouble with bolt hold-open, and it jammed quite a bit.

Yes, I'll post up about it; once I try it out. I was going to order the BufferTech pad but it had been reported they are thicker than the M1911A1 pads from Wilson Combat. So opted for the thinner ones... fingers crossed... otherwise I'm out 8 bucks (for a pack of 6) though I can always use them in my RIA M1911A1...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Got her zero'ed..

...yesterday. I have a laser boresighter but just decided to to it the old fashioned way at the range. Sure was cold out there... not many folks were present.

Here's the Weaver mounted with the proprietary Ruger scope rings. I may need to move it forward a bit though... if you look closely you can see a hint of the blue buffer recoil pad installed. The M19!!A1 Wilson Combat buffer recoil pad worked very well... no problems chambering rounds or the bolt locking to the rear when required.

30sj3ip.jpg

Working up shot groups @ 50 yards once I found the paper:

2i884lv.jpg

What I ultimately settled for:

majvpz.jpg

It's no target shooter and the groups open up considerably wider @ 100 yards, but I am satisfied with it. It runs flawlessly and is a really sweet semi auto to shoot. She's a keeper! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom