• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    Does anybody know anything about Gregory Prakas, who is the Republican running for sheriff in Prince George's County, particularly his views on RKBA? I haven't found much about him at all on the net, and a search turned up no threads here.

Thanks.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    This is NOT intended as a slight Mr. H but, I've worked in PG co for the last 28 years and I bear in mind: "2A supporter" was also used to describe former Gov.s Schaeffer, Glendening, former (nearly despotic!) MSP superintendents and now even Joe Biden.

I proffer that, once ELECTED, there is NO such thing as a "closet 2A supporter"

I'm confident you and I were down in Annapolis at the same times over SB281 and "closet 2A supporters" are what allowed the MD General Assembly to sell us out to OweMalley. The concept of "closet" anything is what allows these elected officials to rationalize and minimize their constantly trying to play both sides of the fence.

I know absolutely nothing about the Republican candidate but, while I know the Sheriff of PG County is a fine, fine man and a TRUE LEADER (literally above approach more than just about any men I've ever known really) he is NOT even a "closet 2A supporter" . . .

Just thought you should know, fwiw.
    So....are you saying he is a fine man, a true leader and beyond corruption but is ANTI 2A?

Just looking for clarity here.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Just wondering, but doesn't PG have a "County police," as in the Sheriff's Office is only responsible for Court Security, inmate transportation and detention center guards? Don't see why it would matter what the view on 2A matters

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    Ok , how about the current Sheriff has not yet gone activly anti-2A, when he had apply opportunity to do so to his political advantage.

He has been at least reasonably competent in office, and hasn't yet put his foot in his mouth. Combined with the support of the political machine Prakas essentially zero chance of winning, unless the incumbent gets run over by a truck on Nov 3.

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    No actually PG Co has a seperate Dept of Corrections, and has seperate security gaurd force at the main courthouse that shares the security responsabilities. BUT the Sheriff Dept does have a working agreement with PGPD that a dedicated group of deputies are primary responders to domestic violence calls in part of the county.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    So either way, does it really matter? I hate to be "that guy" but it doesn't really seem to make a difference if the incumbent sheriff loves firearms, or hates firearms.

If you go to a County where the Sheriff's Office is the main law enforcement for county wide policing, then it would matter (to me).

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Win or lose I think voting out incumbents (Democrats) is a GOOD practice for those of us in heavily democratic areas of the state. Even if they win but the margin is narrowed maybe, just maybe they will feel some voter dissatisfaction. :mad54:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Ok , how about the current Sheriff has not yet gone activly anti-2A, when he had apply opportunity to do so to his political advantage..

CHOKE! Guess you didn't receive a copy of his Newsletter to the Public prominently illustrated with a photo (and SPECIFICALLY captioned) of him on Capital Hill post Sandy Hook, "Introducing VP Joe Biden and AG Eric Holder to promote the Presidents proposed Gun Control legislation."

But, yes, to answer the query for clarification, every time I have interacted with him (issues unrelated to 2A) he strikes me as sincere, extremely intelligent and especially compassionate toward others.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    it doesn't matter so much in PG County what the Sheriff's position is. PG law enforcement is dominated by the police department.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I am at a loss how focus came to rest on differences between agencies; y'all are kinda missing the point.

That is, how the Democratic machine and liberal network functions here in MD.

The previous Sheriff of PG Co is running for a Delegate's position (with Sen Prez Millers support) RIGHT NOW!!!!

Anyone who knows ANYthing about what is going on in the Gen'l Assembly, let alone the PG Co Delegation to the Gen'l Assembly, knows that the current Sheriff of PG Co has the fiber, the experience, the CONNECTIONS on Capital Hill, the desire and, as soon as a spot opens up, the support of the MD Dem machine to be an eventual Delegate, or even State Senator.

To heck with comparing the police vs the Sheriff (in any MD County); focus on the BIG picture!

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    CHOKE! Guess you didn't receive a copy of his Newsletter to the Public prominently illustrated with a photo (and SPECIFICALLY captioned) of him on Capital Hill post Sandy Hook, "Introducing VP Joe Biden and AG Eric Holder to promote the Presidents proposed Gun Control legislation."

But, yes, to answer the query for clarification, every time I have interacted with him (issues unrelated to 2A) he strikes me as sincere, extremely intelligent and especially compassionate toward others.
    Hmm...they say the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. It's one thing for a uninformed dim witted college kid to be anto 2A, but a sherrif? Someone who has first hand experience of what happens to unarmed victims, which are not lacking in pg county, not to mention his oath to the constitution.

He was a great priest, he broke the bread well, led great sermons, so he molested a few kids. Nobody's perfect.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Hmm...they say the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. It's one thing for a uninformed dim witted college kid to be anto 2A, but a sherrif? Someone who has first hand experience of what happens to unarmed victims, which are not lacking in pg county, not to mention his oath to the constitution.

He was a great priest, he broke the bread well, led great sermons, so he molested a few kids. Nobody's perfect.
    Amen.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012

I totally agree with your first three sentences; however; I try to avoid using analogies like your last sentence unless they are truly warranted since I know doing so usually reveals more about me than anybody with whom I might disagree with (on issues unrelated to predatory members of the cloth, anyway) . . .

But, AND BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC as I see it, your first 3 sentences underscore why we need more Sheriffs like those brave souls who not only flatly refused to sign onto or support OweMalley's SB-281 but, the truly brave leader Sheriffs who actually TESTIFIED AGAINST the monstrous legislation!!!

Anyone remember who those 3 MD Sheriffs were, who appeared before Gen'l Assembly, in opposition to SB 281?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Jenkins (Frederick), Tregoning (Carroll), Lewis (Wicomico)

Also on record as being 2A defenders are

Corley (Garrett), Price (Kent), and Cameron (St. Mary's)

Sadly, this is only 1/4 of the state's Sheriffs who are willing to stand behind us.

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I did take the information into consideration when I cast my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom