• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just got the Tokarev last night, courtesy of UPS next day air. :thumbsup:

And just wouldn't you know, as I was sitting here cleaning the cosmolene from it, there was a knock at the door.

All I saw was the UPS guy's back as he was walking back to his truck....

... and there was a nice crate of 7.62x25mm Bulgarian ammunition sitting on my doorstep. 1600 rounds :clap:

ec165ba606d2603b4b717d3880cd771f0_large.jpg

f9e731d7047ddfbbb036b9a7495550f70_large.jpg

Just opened and checked the spam cans. Ammo looks good:

e4b2f135887c053c5d1e401cd36b14f90_large.jpg

da2eaba937741a91f046355e65a98f0e0_large.jpg

a9e8b79554f887dae174da6423beaed70_large.jpg

Don't you think that the last photo would look good as a desktop background for your computer? :lol:

What a GREAT country we still live in :party29:

Kindest regards,

-Will

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    nice! looks just like the one i got last week for SOG. it was a blast to shoot last saturday. i need some better grips if there available.
    i used spraynine and hot water to get the cosmo out of the mags:thumbsup:

cz-82 is next on c&r list:innocent0

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I ordered it from www.classicarms.us for 219.00. Got the ammo from him too. I've ordered several C&R rifles and hanguns from him; he's always pleased me with what he sends.

The finish on it is good. Not new, but no scratches, chips or dings.

I've previously ordered two CZ82's from him. The second one I ordered; they hand bead blasted it and put a type of light parkerized finish on it. really is nice. I equipped both of them with new hardwood grips from that guy "marschall" in the Czech republic.

Kindest regards,

-Will

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    this is gonna be my first purchase...sadly I just sent in the C&R form yesterday...birthday is right around christmas maybe i'll get it for myself :)

Always a challenge when B-day's are right around Christmas time - everyone usually 'combines' surprises. Been there, live with that. But you're on the right track: Get it for yourself! :party29:(Although your C&R may not be back quick enough :sad20: - maybe next year)

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Careful with that Bulgarian .30 Tok. ammo. I have read (not personally experienced) some reports of split casings using that stuff. This will not blow up or anything but can cause a nasty jam or two. I have used the Romanian surplus with a fair amount of success, just a few FTF. Not sure if this is due to ammo, magazine or weak spring.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I've been looking for a Tok EVERYWHERE! Glad to see they're only $219 at Classic Arms. I think I may have sent my FFL there... I'll have to call.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Careful with that Bulgarian .30 Tok. ammo. I have read (not personally experienced) some reports of split casings using that stuff. This will not blow up or anything but can cause a nasty jam or two. I have used the Romanian surplus with a fair amount of success, just a few FTF. Not sure if this is due to ammo, magazine or weak spring.

Yes, I read the same about the Bulgarian ammo as well. And mine has the "53" headstamp too; the problem lot. The casing rupturing only occur seemingly around the dimple that holds the bullet in the shell. Nothing that overly concerns me. I pulled one round and the powder and interior of the case looks fine.

Now, I have some old 8mm x 56r Steyr ammunition that I occasionally get case ruptures from. Like a small firecracker spitting in your face when that happens. Lot's of fun. :D

I always wear safety glasses when shooting my Steyr Mannlichers and that stuff

Kindest regards,

-Will

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    2 questions.

A: How much does Classic Arms charge for shipping?

B: Will Cresap let you fire the 7.62x25mm rounds? They say no "bottle-neck" pistol rounds are allowed. So I assume you can't shoot .357 SIG there either?

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    2 questions.

A: How much does Classic Arms charge for shipping?

B: Will Cresap let you fire the 7.62x25mm rounds? They say no "bottle-neck" pistol rounds are allowed. So I assume you can't shoot .357 SIG there either?

might wanna PM Topher or P.Ryker about the Cresap question since they are members/range officers. :thumbsup:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    might wanna PM Topher or P.Ryker about the Cresap question since they are members/range officers. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminders. Will do. If it's a no-go I might not get it, since Cresap is the only place I shoot now. But I've always wanted a TT-33.........

Karl/PA

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Chambersburg
    Here's the headstamp of the ammo you DON'T want use in any handgun. It was made for the PPSH submachine gun and is far too hot for handguns.

Bulgy762x25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom