• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Well.......

....I have been back from the AGC range for the last few hours. During that time, I've been cleaning the M&P15. Wasn't too bad with carbon; a lot of soot that came off easily. I was shooting Remington UMC 55gr FMJ.

At the range 1000 hours this morning;

Weather today was very windy. About 48 degree's. So, I though that these conditions would suck and not cooperate with me trying to zero in the M&P15. However I was surprised to find out that after shooting the first three rounds, it was evident that this rifle was already zero'ed. So, kudo's to the individual whom test fired it at S&H prior to shipping it out. :cool:

I rapidly went through the first 30 round magazine at 25 yards (since I thought I needed to zero) and had to wait for the first 1/2 hour cease fire from the RSO before I could move my target out to 100 yards.

At 100 yards, I settled in at the bench and began squeezing the trigger. Let me tell you; I started to feel a flood of emotions as I could sense and hear the vibration/racket of the buffer and spring in the stock; the familiar snappy kick of the AR, and the mechanical noise of the receiver as it cycled and fired each round down range. :cool:

I went through my preloaded five 30 round magazines, then cleaned it. Then I reloaded all the magazines again and fired her again.

One target for each magazine, as I shot. Shooting iron sights. The accuracy was phenomenal; I seem to do better with a rear peep than with a traditional rear slotted sight. I was consistently putting all of the shots (with some flyers, due to minute bouts of bad marksmanship on my part) in the black which is good enough for me. I will really be able to tighten the groups down when I get a scope on her. :cool:

I should have bought an AR much earlier. I thought that it would be the last rifle I would pursue for recreation. I do believe that this rifle will be seeing a lot more range time (for the near future) than the others that patiently wait; to be taken out and allowed to dance and breathe again.

I brought my video camera out, but it was way too windy. My spotting scope actually got blown over during my shooting sessions; no damage but windy days do not make nice for target shooting.

Sometimes, things in the past that you've known to work right and don't let you down; are good to have around again. :yes:

Kindest regards,

-Will

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Alamost brought a tear to my eye.......I also love my MP15 and know what you felt..You will find it to be a very forgiving rifle on the move.

Keep on shotting!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom