• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I’m not new to AR platform, but yesterday picked up my first AR in 9mm. I know these are different than 5.56/.223 rifles, so I have a few questions.
    1. Don’t like the A2 front sight post, wanna change it. 9mm has no gas block or tube, correct? They’re ALL blowbacks? I don’t see a tube anyway. This probably isn’t a sight post/gas block then?
    2. I want to also replace the standard black plastic mil-spec handguard/heat shield with a Hogue rubber free-floated handguard. This will extend over the “gas block” location. If I remove the front sight, do I still need a gas block to be installed in that barrel/contour location, or can I leave it blank? I will use the Hogue model that has the pic rail extension at the end for a folding front sight, and possibly a light, so I won’t need that location for a front sight mount.
    3. The 9mm barrel from RRA is .671” under the handguard, .750” under the front sight base, and .720” beyond the front sight base. If I do need to buy a gas block or choose a gas block sight base & different handguard option instead, which diameter of the 3 do I refer to when purchasing said block?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom