• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    SCOTUS has yet to rule that carry outside the home falls under the 2A. Once they do, you will be absolutely correct. Of course, once they do MD will have to issue permits so the point will be moot.
    I don't know about that, it seems even Ginsburg understands that to bear arms refers to carrying arms in case of confrontation which of course is much more likely in public than it is in the home. She was just intellectually dishonest enough to try to claim it is not an individual right.
    ae20ef9c6c91c579963113be35346731.jpg

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    While this would be great I'm somewhat skeptical that someone from a Constitutional Carry state goes into NJ (with no permit) and doesn't get the book thrown at them and the courts upholding it. The reason I say so is the NY/NJ Port Authority cases where the courts said police from one state weren't expected to know the laws of another state. At least with a permit the cop doesn't need to know whether the person's home state is Con Carry or not.

This. But the problem will be larger than that. We should also be fighting for civil monetary remedies written into any law, or you can expect a trip to the live scan machine and an overnight stay if you get caught carrying in a slave state.

Last edited:

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    For those that say the federal government should stay out on a 10A basis I call BS. A state's violation of your 2A right is not protected by the 10A. We just need the right appointment to say so.

Bingo. They are already in the gay marriage license business. To say securing an enumerated right is overstepping the incorporation of the republic is hogwash.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Step 1 National Reciprocity
    Step 2-Either the GA or Hogan allows residents to carry because everyone else can.

Last edited:

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    SCOTUS has yet to rule that carry outside the home falls under the 2A. Once they do, you will be absolutely correct. Of course, once they do MD will have to issue permits so the point will be moot.

Yea just keep waiting for MD to give you a permit. Just wait until they elect Shiela Dixon as governor.

Maryland has already given me a permit no need to wait for Ms. Dixon, but you go right ahead.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    National reciprocity, good. Fed controlled of permits, bad. That which the fed giveth, that which the fed can taketh away.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maryland has already given me a permit no need to wait for Ms. Dixon, but you go right ahead.

Completely irrelevant. Maryland has given me a permit as well, but what does that have to do with anything being discussed here?

Mr H

Banana'd

Well bully for you.

Being 'given' (read, granted) a permit is nothing more than begging the state to allow you to exercise an enumerated right, while thousands of otherwise worthy people are excluded (all while bad guys run wild).

But, hey... You're got yours.

Merry Christmas.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Completely irrelevant. Maryland has given me a permit as well, but what does that have to do with anything being discussed here?

I was simply answering a bit of a smart pointed statement by Mr. Jones that was directed at me. My response was to him and was not an indictment of the topic that the Op had started. He smartly said that "I could wait for Ms. Dixon to issue permits if and when she got elected." I understand that it is not a fair or equitable system that issues permits in Maryland. But it certainly is not my fault that some others did not get theirs........so just relax. Geez....a lot of butt hurting out there on this topic.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep, there is a lot of butt hurt among those of us who are being deprived of a right, not a privilege.

And rightlfully so.

I wonder if you'd feel differently if you were one of us who are not deemed worthy by the Lords of Maryland

Congratulations on your permit.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I was simply answering a bit of a smart pointed statement by Mr. Jones that was directed at me. My response was to him and was not an indictment of the topic that the Op had started. He smartly said that "I could wait for Ms. Dixon to issue permits if and when she got elected." I understand that it is not a fair or equitable system that issues permits in Maryland. But it certainly is not my fault that some others did not get theirs........so just relax. Geez....a lot of butt hurting out there on this topic.

Sometimes things don't come across so well in text, and your post most certainly did not. Still doesn't. You know this is a hot topic here. Thanks for the clarification.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here is an article that correctly interprets the law, not making the mistake I initially made. As written this bill allows carry in all states but your state of residence on any permit, not just residents of a state who have a resident state issued permit.

A number of news articles made the same error I initially did. As pointed out the change in interpretation is because of the word OR and not AND in the wording.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/05/g...ional-concealed-carry-bill-for-next-congress/

Attachments

• underlined.jpg
      underlined.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 115
    Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This. But the problem will be larger than that. We should also be fighting for civil monetary remedies written into any law, or you can expect a trip to the live scan machine and an overnight stay if you get caught carrying in a slave state.

That's covered in this particular bill.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep, states like NY, NJ and others better have deep pockets. The bill imposes court costs and other fees on states who prosecute people who are carrying in compliance with the law.

They will have 90 days after enactment to educate LEO and over zealous prosecutors that it's going to start costing them money if they arrest people carrying under the new law. FOPA had no such teeth.

Attachments

• law1.JPG
      law1.JPG
      73.3 KB · Views: 363
    • law2.JPG
      law2.JPG
      65.9 KB · Views: 362
    • law3.JPG
      law3.JPG
      54.6 KB · Views: 364

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Here is an article that correctly interprets the law, not making the mistake I initially made. As written this bill allows carry in all states but your state of residence on any permit, not just residents of a state who have a resident state issued permit.

A number of news articles made the same error I initially did. As pointed out the change in interpretation is because of the word OR and not AND in the wording.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/05/g...ional-concealed-carry-bill-for-next-congress/

That article is misleading IMO. It seems to suggest people from NY, NJ, exc can go get a non resident permit and carry in their home state as long as they follow the home states laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom