• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Once the Libs start loading up on CCW (like they are purchasing firearms now) they will not want to get rid of them either. It needs to be done now, or it will never happen.

The core portion of the left will always want to ban it, but there are a lot of moderates who have not been exposed to it, and thus hate the idea. Once people start doing it, with no ill effects, I think there may be a change.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I fear that even if we gain national reciprocity, the next lib pres will just cancel it. We need scotus to rule 2A is law & can't be overruled by states, as state's rights don't matter to constitutional rights.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    but states can enact so many T,P & M restirctions as to make carry impractical. Look at DC

National Reciprocity by any method is not a panacea.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I fear that even if we gain national reciprocity, the next lib pres will just cancel it. We need scotus to rule 2A is law & can't be overruled by states, as state's rights don't matter to constitutional rights.

I don't think it's quite that simple. A lot of the moderate Dems who would not vote FOR reciprocity are not going to be quick to vote to undo it if it was implemented.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    but states can enact so many T,P & M restirctions as to make carry impractical. Look at DC

National Reciprocity by any method is not a panacea.

Sure, but those restrictions would apply equally to their "special" people, like retired cops and celebrities. The bills make clear that reciprocity must given on the same basis as the rights granted to in-state permit holders.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm sure those elected to congress will soon vote themselves the right to carry.

sadly, you are probably right.

permits for thee, but not for me.

I'm thinking no, simply because whoever votes yes on that but turns around and votes no for everyone else will look very bad.
    Instead they'll vote for armed guards.

Never, never, never underestimate the vanity of politicians. They see their self worth well above and beyond we plebeians and would have no pause justifying their need rises beyond John & Jane Doe.

The Capt. is heard from.

:rolleyes:

Ah come'n, that wasn't a good pull? :D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Typical NYC Responses

Manhattan DA rips bill that would let gun owners from other states carry firearms into New York
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bill-allowing-guns-legal-states-n-y-ripped-da-article-1.3276440
    ... "So, a guy from Idaho, where there is no permitting requirements whatsoever, could carry his gun into New York City — loaded — into Times Square," Vance said on John Catsimatidis’s radio show “The Cats Roundtable.”

If the law passed, the five boroughs could see as many as 2 million more loaded guns every year, Manhattan’s top prosecutor said.

"It is a dangerous and ill-considered bill," he said.

Vance also warned that the change in the law would be a huge boon to ISIS.

I wonder how he feels about the Congresscritters from Idaho? Or anywhere else? Democrat Congresscritters? Reminds me of Frosh.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They can play the "What If" games, but statistics have shown that locations with CCW have a lower incident of robbery and unrelated murders.

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    Manhattan DA rips bill that would let gun owners from other states carry firearms into New York
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bill-allowing-guns-legal-states-n-y-ripped-da-article-1.3276440

I wonder how he feels about the Congresscritters from Idaho? Or anywhere else? Democrat Congresscritters? Reminds me of Frosh.

Just your typical liberal fear mongering for the masses. I think he should be more worried about the MS-13 epidemic his state is experiencing. Since when did ISIS care about US laws?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Fox News caught the end of Paul Ryan's weekly news conference and national reciprocity came up as the last question.

He said that there should be no special treatment for members of Congress in regards to reciprocity. Everyone should be treated the same. :thumbsup:

He also said he didn't know where his colleagues stood on reciprocity. ???? Huh? :confused:

He said he supports it. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom