• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAS_OPERATED

Mar 2, 2013
    Leonardtown
    Considering the restrictions of std-cap mags in MD, dealers wont ship mags over 20 rds to here. I know you can just get them over in VA and bring 'em in, but if you need it shipped could you purchase a disassembled mag? Would it be legal to assemble?

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    You may not assemble a mag larger than 20rds (10 after Oct 1st) IN STATE.

I know what you were trying to say, but your wording was poor. I can take apart and assemble my 30 round mags all day long in MD. Now what I can't do is manufacture a 30 round mag in this state. In the sprit of the law manufacture means to take a repair parts kit and put it together for the first time.

Quote:
    § 4-305.
    (a) This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.

(b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I can't resist, but could you have a disassembled one shipped here and then assemble it some time later outside of MD?
    In MD, you may not manufacture, purchase, sell, or transfer a magazine larger than 20rds (10rds on and after 10/1/2013).

Nothing prohibits you from possessing a normal capacity magazine :innocent0

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Quote:
    § 4-305.
    (a) This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.

Last time I checked, detachable magazines were tubular with a rectangular cross section. Since the AR is a .22 caliber rifle this must mean that the legislature wanted to exempt AR mags and other .22 caliber rifles from the magazine limit requirements.

(b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    If you need to ship it than get a friend in PA or VA. You might even be able to talk to a gun shop and have them ship the mag there. I just shipped some 30 rounds mags to my parents in PA. I’ll be picking them up next time I head over there.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Not any more; they changed their policy. Will only sell parts kits to Californians, now.

Not anymore. 44mag will only ship mag kits to California now. They require a letter from the state that indicates that it is legal to ship "kits" into the state. So far, California is the only state to provide such a document.

Well damn. Sorry for the outdated info.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Well damn. Sorry for the outdated info.

Actually a very recent change I hit there site once a week. I personally think we have some members that are in the bag for the "establishment" and I willing bet that site was threatened with litigation if they did not change their policy.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    Guys,

We are so close to 4 other states (WV, VA, PA, DE). Do yourself a favor and take a nice weekend drive to a store or gun show in one of those states, and do not risk breaking the law. We even have IPs in other states who are more than happy to sell you scary 30rd mags.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom