• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Went over to the Preston County Sheriff's office in Kingwood WV this afternoon. Had to get a blue card and ink set of fingerprints for the ATF, since Maryland only does digital now, and ATF can't or won't take those. Deputy there fixed me right up, but I noticed copies of a freebee publication they had copies of for visitors to the office. It's titled, "On the Mark - A Guide to Concealed Handgun Laws in West Virginia." Couldn't resist so picked one up - what a shock. All the information was genuinely helpful - starting with the fact that every otherwise qualified person over 21 can do CCW there with no license. What a breath of fresh air that pamphlet was. It felt like a weight came off my shoulders. Couldn't help but think of this all the way back on my drive to Garrett County. I really don't know how Maryland got so far from the intent of 2A, but I fell in love with West By-God Virginia in that Sheriff's office today, and I will never laugh at a West Virginia joke again. They've got it right and we don't - that's all there is to it.

Mods - I don't know if I'm breaking some forum rule with this and please dump the note if it does. I just think it's ironic and sad that Garrett County is surrounded by West Virginia and has to fight for rights that West Virginians take for granted.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    Mods - I don't know if I'm breaking some forum rule with this and please dump the note if it does. I just think it's ironic and sad that Garrett County is surrounded by West Virginia and has to fight for rights that West Virginians take for granted

I don't think they take them for granted. That law was fought for! WVCDL!

West Virginia Citizens Defense League. wvcdl.org

Last edited:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I find it ... ironic - just south of Red House on 219 one can be thrown in jail for illegal CCW when just another foot not only is it legal, but no permit is required.

I guess that imaginary line is keeping the blood of Constitutional carry from tainting Maryland...

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    What's even more interesting is that MD is surrounded by states that allow open carry without a permit.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    BTW, MSP takes digital prints, but will print them on cards (you have to supply the cards).

Look at threads about VA and FL carry permits.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Spent this past weekend in the Potomac Highlands of WV. Saw nothing but Trump signs until I climbed the border fence and crossed back into Marlandistan.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    I just think it's ironic and sad that Garrett County is surrounded by West Virginia and has to fight for rights that West Virginians take for granted.

The West Virginians I know certainly don't take it for granted and many people fought hard to make Constitutional Carry a reality (It is only 6 months old). If anyone takes their rights for granted its the ones that let their state slowly erode them.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    yep it's amazing how contiguous states can be so far apart on 2A, and of course other, issues.

The worst part of this, and it makes me positively furious when I think about it, is that Maryland REFUSES to learn ANYTHING from other state's experiences. They just cling to the old "rivers of blood in the streets" mentality while they are literally surrounded with three states of evidence to the contrary.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    they cling to their guns and bibles.

MD clings to age old untrue propaganda.

Who's got Rivers of Blood?

Baltimore or Charleston?

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The worst part of this, and it makes me positively furious when I think about it, is that Maryland REFUSES to learn ANYTHING from other state's experiences. They just cling to the old "rivers of blood in the streets" mentality while they are literally surrounded with three states of evidence to the contrary.

Just look at the Maryland district map to understand the root cause. Vying for the most corrupt state in the nation.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I'm enjoying my time in WV more and more and appreciate my regular trips to America. Thank you Pushrod!

With lingering sadness... you are welcome.

The more conservatives we can get in West Virginia the better it will be. The State is heading in the correct direction to be a truly free State. There is always more work to do though and I encourage everyone, even if you only visit WV occasionally, to become a member of WVCDL!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    well, when the people of a city act like animals, Baltimore is what you end up with.

Not trying to come off as a dick, but...

If we hate being labeled for the acts of a few, why do we do that for the majority of the resident in the inner city of Baltimore?

Not all of them act like animals, so why lump them all into the same basket?

As a matter of fact, I would bet that if a sincere attempt was made to actually help in the neighborhoods and educate the resident on their constitutional rights and that guns aren't bad or just for gang banger, felons, etc. that a large majority would start to step up and speak out against some of the BS laws in this state the hamper them from being able to protect themselves in their homes.

How do we start that conversation in a couple of different neighborhoods at the same time? Yes, Black Guns Matter had an event, but those that attended haven't had time to follow up and work with the neighborhood to continue the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom