• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Probably late winter to early spring you'll see a glut of AK new stuff. Demand has outstripped supply & there's not much stock. Wait for a good sale on an SGL/SLR or a Russian/Bulgarian conversion done by someone other than Arsenal.

Keep in mind these are imported rifles and therefore we see good sales followed by price hikes followed by no availability. Even in a non-election year. Right now we're waiting on the next wave, it seems to go in 8-10 month cycles.

You could get a nice used 5.45 if you shop the forums but guys are asking silly prices right now because they know people will pay them. Be patient and wait!

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Accurate to me means that I can get a head shot at 100 meters, and hit a man at 250 meters.

the average '74 will successfully land one in a head silhouette probably 8 times out of 10, maybe 9. Of those, roughly half will be in the "T-zone".

this is assuming surplus ammo, of course.

Duck

Apr 11, 2012
    Baltimore
    My 74 shoots very good with iron sights, (I prefer optics) out to 100 yards has been my limit with the weapon. My main problem had been mags. They seem to disappear quickly at the shows. Good luck and have fun with it.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I think you'll be happiest with this rifle. Much better build quality and more consistent amount rifles (not to say that you can't run into a bad batch of Arsenals, just never personally seen any).

+1:thumbsup: Can't go wrong with an Arsenal. I love my SGL-21, it's my go-to gun.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    If you have the big bucks get yourself one of these ;)

SGL31-94_002_ai.jpg

I have one and I love it. Every time I look at it it puts a huge smile on my face like this :D.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    The AK 74 market will be dry for a bit we are a ARSENAL Direct Distributor and do not expect more until Feb or March 2013 . We do expect price increases on the incoming rifles but do not know what they will be yet. One good option is the Waffen Werkes AK74 rifles they are very well built and actually have a nicer finish than the Arsenal SGL line. Below are a few pictures of them.

wwbp74.jpg

ww74wood.jpg

ww74wood4.jpg

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    How did you run into that issue ? We have not had any reported issues lately are you located overseas ? We do have new security software in place and it can be very picky .

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    How did you run into that issue ? We have not had any reported issues lately are you located overseas ? We do have new security software in place and it can be very picky .

you must not be reading your industry forums on ar15.com and theakforum.net, because i've posted on both boards in threads regarding this very issue. it's been going on for a *VERY* long time.

ETA: Here's the link to the ak forum thread:

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=187651

The arfcom thread seems to have disappeared...sounds like arfcom.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    A few weeks ago network solutions had a outage that caused some customers issues but that is all we are aware of and have had no other recent reports of issues . I can assure you that customers are getting to the site we have several monitoring programs and currently Sunday 11 am there are 120 people on the site. If you can tell me exactly what issue you are having we will do our best to work with you on resolving the problem. Can you not log in / Can you not view the site / Are you trying to access the site from a country other than the US ?

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    And yes we have been reading the industry forums if you view them you can clearly see we are responding in the postings we even had our Tech dept make post that they would contact any customer having problems to try to help resolve their specific issue.We are getting 120 -150 orders per day so this access issue must be isolated to a few specific customers , if you would like to email our office directly with your email and or phone number we will be glad to call you & help out.

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    if you'd been reading those forums, you'd know what the problem is, but here ya go. ;)

www.atlanticfirearms.com yields this:

screenshot-1.jpg

ns1.atlanticfirearms.com is sort of useable; some pages work and others don't.

it has nothing to do with location, and everything to do with your ISP not encoding things correctly. it didn't work from maryland when i was there, it rarely worked in other states (NJ, VA) before i left, and it only kind of works if you know the "secret URL".

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Thanks for the info we will pass this along to the tech dept today and have them check it out again we have tons of customers accessing the site all day long so not sure why only certain customers are having issues viewing the site ? We will post ghere once we know.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    Shinobi,
    My OEM 5.45, 16" Saiga will bench shoot under 3" at 100yds, all day long, using iron sights. When I attach the QR mounted Votex 6x, I can get it down to 1", if I take my time. That is using Russian spam can ammo. My eyes aren't that good or I could do better with iron sight.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    armed ferret,
    Next time I take the 5.45s out for a spin, I will take some pics.
    Don't know that will be anytime soon, with holidays, colder weather, and my chemo crap.
    But, I can relay this, although you probably already know....one of the keys to good groups with these short, light, chromed barrels, is to not let the barrel heat up. Certainly not what this particular piece was designed for, but it will do the job. The last CMP Garand shoot I attended, they left a couple 200yd targets up after the event. It was no problem putting rounds in the black, from a prone position, with the Saiga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom