• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    A front-page, above-the-fold story in the Daily Record today discusses how antis are concerned with "loopholes" in the hours-old Red Flag Law. The below link is behind a paywall, but, honestly, the text that you can see says it all.

For those unawares, the Daily Record is widely read in the Maryland legal profession. You can bet many of our comrades in the Politburo will see this. I am thinking they will go for California-style expansion next session.

https://thedailyrecord.com/2018/10/01/md-gun-control-advocates-eye-restrictions-beyond-red-flag-law/

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Maybe we need an addition, a red flag law for attorneys who are going through personal crisis. After all they make important decisions that can have life-changing ramifications for their clients. And don't worry about the no due process, after all this is an important thing, it's for the children. I'll bet if that idea were tacked onto a bill they wouldn't get anything more than side glance from a committee before they tabled it.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    ANYONE can be 1302'ed - not just firearm owners. The police and courts do not know if the person owns firearms, and thus will issue a 1302 regardless. As said upthread, will LEO really investigate the initial claim?

Who are those Mom's in the picture. They should be the first served with 1302's, followed by Hogan's staff.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    This is EXACTLY why we need to re elect Hogan so he can kill this horrible.....sign into law this much needed COMMON SENSE legislation so he can take credit for it and put another feather in his cap for future political aspirations. He already said in the “debate” that MD has the toughest gun laws in the nation but we need to do more.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ANYONE can be 1302'ed - not just firearm owners. The police and courts do not know if the person owns firearms, and thus will issue a 1302 regardless. As said upthread, will LEO really investigate the initial claim?

Who are those Mom's in the picture. They should be the first served with 1302's, followed by Hogan's staff.

But, per the law, if there are no firearms, the 1302 can be dropped. It designed to remove firearms and absolutely no other weapons, from a citizen.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    But, per the law, if there are no firearms, the 1302 can be dropped. It designed to remove firearms and absolutely no other weapons, from a citizen.

How do LE / judge know there's no firearms? Ask? I don't think they'll take the word of the respondent. They'll have broach the door and conduct an extensive search of the premises and curtilage.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    How do LE / judge know there's no firearms? Ask? I don't think they'll take the word of the respondent. They'll have broach the door and conduct an extensive search of the premises and curtilage.

There are lot of aspects of the law that MGA didn't think through. This is only one. If someone was truly dangerous, taking them into custody is the only way to be sure they can't hurt anyone. This law is about targeting gun owners as a class and instilling fear in the 2A community.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    There are lot of aspects of the law that MGA didn't think through. This is only one. If someone was truly dangerous, taking them into custody is the only way to be sure they can't hurt anyone. This law is about targeting gun owners as a class and instilling fear in the 2A community.

So, we need to instill that same fear in the anti-2A community by using this law against them.

Make the enemy live by their own laws.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

You are correct, unfortunately, and once a search has been completed and no firearms found, then the 1302 may be dropped.

So, we need to instill that same fear in the anti-2A community by using this law against them.

Make the enemy live by their own laws.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep, my thought is to just go ahead and let them expand the law, and then on day, go after them, hard. Broke no quarter, and leave absolutely any of them comfortable in the law ever again.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    A 1302 will not be dropped after a search in no firearms are discovered. 1302 "prevents" the respondent from having firearms or ammunition for the duration of the order. 1302's will be left in effect "just in case".

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    This is EXACTLY why we need to re elect Hogan so he can kill this horrible.....sign into law this much needed COMMON SENSE legislation so he can take credit for it and put another feather in his cap for future political aspirations. He already said in the “debate” that MD has the toughest gun laws in the nation but we need to do more.

Lawn Chair Larry is the guy that folded and gave us this law to begin with. Hogan will do NOTHING that any other good Democrat wouldn't do.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

So I am pissed at my ex and she "thinks" I am going to harm her. As long as I have no guns at my place I am good and the police can disregard the pressure cooker I have on the coffee table, that I am "repairing":innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom