Gavin Newsome and the potential for violence. .

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A few years ago Gavin Newsom the new elected governor of the state of California Proclaimed that "if the state Assembly sends me a bill banning all magazine fed semi automatic firearms, I will sign it".. he made no differentiation between rifles pistols or shotguns and one could assume that since California has some of the most Draconian gun laws in the country that's exactly what he plans to do. So keep your eye on California. If this takes place it could very well be the flashpoint that we've all been dreading. Keep your powder dry you may well need it.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    SCOTUS worthy indeed but think of the time and money it's going to take to fight that and take it to SCOTUS if it requires going that far. It's a never ending fight to retain our rights and to fight stupidity...for some it will be well meaning ignorance but for many it will be gross stupidity.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Nothing would happen to them if they did.

^^This. It's the logical next step for places like CA, MD, NY, etc. They simply ignore SCOTUS rulings and carry on. What are the implications? What are the repercussions? I've thought a fair bit about this over the last few months (with all of the Kavanaugh nonsense) and I'm convinced that this is the future.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I believe that constitutes the majority of firearms in common use. Agree, some very well might find their Lexington Green if the state attempted to take the guns by force or its threat. Most I believe would sidestep, hide or some other peaceful noncompliance until the courts quickly (for courts read slightly quicker than glacial speed instead of the usual geological speed) dispatched with an unconstitutional law like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom