• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    C & R revolvers or pistols?

Good afternoon all. I was wondering if there are going to be any C & R pistols at this and other MD shows? I have been looking for one for quite a while but PA gun shows wouldn't transfer it to MD. Thinking about going to this one or the next Howard county show to make a purchase. I know I dont need the HQL for a C&R but other than that is it just a basic background check call or some other procedure? Thanks!

:party29:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Good afternoon all. I was wondering if there are going to be any C & R pistols at this and other MD shows? I have been looking for one for quite a while but PA gun shows wouldn't transfer it to MD. Thinking about going to this one or the next Howard county show to make a purchase. I know I dont need the HQL for a C&R but other than that is it just a basic background check call or some other procedure? Thanks!

You still have to do a 77R and go through the waiting period for C&R handguns. Just don't need the HQL

Sep 16, 2009
    Advertisement in today's Aegis newspaper

Bel Air Gun Show

Attachments

• belairshow.jpg
      belairshow.jpg
      28.5 KB · Views: 445

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.

some dealers may not , but I've picked up C&R stuff from Pa. dealers while living in Md. Don't give up on all Pa. dealers.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Just got back. Small but nice show, plenty of affordable C$R stuff. Blue Fins had a few C$R rifles. Overall not a bad way to spend a Friday evening with the girlfriend (although she may disagree)

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Few of us will be at Greek village for breakfast tomorrow morning at 9, then heading to the show around 10. Should be to Bolans by 11am.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    You typically won't see multiples of what you may be looking for but then again it is not a 500 table show. Lots of locals and mostly return dealers. This is the main fundraiser for the Harford County Chapter of the IWLA. Decent facilities and they own 400+ acres of prime nature in Otter Point that is/may be available to members to hunt & fish. Not a bad place to be a member of.

The Harford county chapter of IWLA has Bosley Conservancy north of Edgewood (across the water from the Anita Leight Estuary center). Members in good standing have access to the area for hunting/fishing. The chapter itself also runs wildlife/nature preservation activities, a youth marksmanship team, turkey shoots, and is a qualifying organization with CMP.

Quick thread jack:

I didn't know this until a few months ago, but the IWLA Harford range in Abingdon is literally right behind my house.

Mdot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2010
    Baltimore
    Sucked. Huge crowd in a small place elbowing eachother to look at 22's. Sad state of MD affairs. Really see the effects of crappy gun legislation.

If I see one more damn 22 caliber AR!!!

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    I thought it wasn't a bad show of course I'm used md shows. I bought a Anderson lower for 75 dollars. The dealer even waved the $10 md fee

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-ag-gun-show-preview-0204-20150203-story.html

Saw this just now. Does the co-chair of the show not know how MD gun laws work or did the reporter get it wrong?

1. You don't call MSP for approval to buy a firearm at the show.
    2. There is no waiting period for "semiautomatic rifles such as the AR-15"

Quoted from the article.

Anyone who wants to purchase a firearm can fill out the required paperwork at the vendor table, and the vendor can get approval from the Maryland State Police over the telephone from the show.

Lagan said buyers can walk out of the show with a "long gun" such as a shotgun or a .22 rifle, but they must go through a waiting period before obtaining a handgun or semiautomatic rifle such as an AR-15.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sucked. Huge crowd in a small place elbowing eachother to look at 22's. Sad state of MD affairs. Really see the effects of crappy gun legislation.

If I see one more damn 22 caliber AR!!!

That show was the way the Timonium and Howard County shows used to be in the distant past. I can remember taking over 2 hours to go through the Timonium show, if you wanted to look at every table.

Today's show was to say the least crowded with no one buying. All I saw were people like myself walking around trying to spy something on a table worth buying. I found nothing. I couldn't even find 9mm snap caps. Oh well. I did talk to the guys that took over for Bel Air Gun and Pawn. Seemed like some nice folks. They did seem to press a little too much when it came to trying to sell their products. He did say the store was so busy that one of the guys at the show had to go back to the store to help out. I may take a ride over to their store to see what it looks like.

Jim Smith

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I wasnt looking for anything in particular, did see a pretty nice East German Makarov that someone snagged before me. However I DID find a Winchester 9422 XTR .22LR in great condition that was fairly reasonably priced. Been looking for a nice one for quite some time, so worth the 5 min drive for me

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was looking for parts, accessories and killer deals. I found none of that!

Jim Smith

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I saw and handled the EG Mak. It was from 1961 and showed a good amount of holster wear, came with 1 mag. $325. dealer wouldn't do the C&R, so I passed. I already have a 1963

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I saw and handled the EG Mak. It was from 1961 and showed a good amount of holster wear, came with 1 mag. $325. dealer wouldn't do the C&R, I already have a 1963 EG Mak that is very nice condition, so I passed.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I saw and handled the EG Mak. It was from 1961 and showed a good amount of holster wear, came with 1 mag. $325. dealer wouldn't do the C&R, so I passed. I already have a 1963

If you're a Maryland resident you can't use the C&R within the state.

You have to do the whole 7 day wait and all, (just don't need an HQL)'

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom