• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    I submitted my W&C permit 2 months ago and my references were contacted a few days ago. Does anybody have any experience with how long after that will I be contacted for an interview? Also if anybody has insight into the questions asked during the interview, that would be helpful. I am preparing for a denial, but hoping for an unrestricted approval. We shall see and I'm happy to update anybody interested.

JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    I submitted my W&C permit 2 months ago and my references were contacted a few days ago. Does anybody have any experience with how long after that will I be contacted for an interview? Also if anybody has insight into the questions asked during the interview, that would be helpful. I am preparing for a denial, but hoping for an unrestricted approval. We shall see and I'm happy to update anybody interested.
    I'm in the same place and have the same questions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Maryland needs to change its nickname since it is no longer a Free State. :sad20:

MD's "free state" issue wasn't slavery, it was a religious freedom issue. Early on MD actually wavered on the religious freedom issue. Many states had single official religions. Part of the time MD was anti Catholic

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    About 2 weeks... Not kidding... If you were questionable about any of your answers on the application, the investigator may ask you to clarify. What do you plan on carrying...? Why? I haven't a clue...Don't bother mentioning a non restricted permit... you will get the standard answer... "Everyone gets restrictions". You should be contacted very soon to set up an interview with the investigator. Hope this helps a bit...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Usually your references are contacted not at all long before your interview, sometimes even the same day.

Expect a call this coming week to come in.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Decline any invitation to go to a Barracks for an in person interview. If they tell you it's required, still don't do it. If they deny at that point you will be in good shape. IMHO. Their is no requirement for a personal interview.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    Decline any invitation to go to a Barracks for an in person interview. If they tell you it's required, still don't do it. If they deny at that point you will be in good shape. IMHO. Their is no requirement for a personal interview.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Has this actually worked and resulted in the issue of a permit? Or did it just end with a salty MSP and an appeal to an HPRB?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Has this actually worked and resulted in the issue of a permit? Or did it just end with a salty MSP and an appeal to an HPRB?
    Many people don't have in person interviews. It's not required. If your a busy person or business owner why would you waste your time. Your not going to convince anybody of anything by doing it in person. Justice is blind. Save your time for the HPRB in case you get denied.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    Many people don't have in person interviews. It's not required. If your a busy person or business owner why would you waste your time. Your not going to convince anybody of anything by doing it in person. Justice is blind. Save your time for the HPRB in case you get denied.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

I am hoping for no interview. I sent them a bunch of paperwork so as to leave very little questions, if any. I registered my firearm that I bought when I lived in a different state, so they should be able to figure out which firearm I plan to carry. Seems to me any questions they might have can easily be answered over the phone.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    This is for people that have successfully gotten a W&C. I'm assembling my packet and I would like to know what you did.
    1) How do you attach your pictures? Tape? Staples? Leave them attached to the card from the photographer and attach that?
    2) How did you assemble the packet (staples, paper clips, etc.)? I have the application, a DD-214, proof of the existence of my business (10 invoices, incorporation letter, P&L statement, tax notice, etc.). Should those be attached as separate parts of the packet?
    3) Receipt from the fingerprinting center.
    4) Proof that I'm an MDSP W&C instructor and an NRA pistol instructor (In lieu of a certificate of training for W&C)
    5) Check for the state fees.
    I figure that they probably prefer stuff to be assembled in a particular way.

Woody

Oct 27, 2017

Sent from the 3rd Rock
    Is this what you did?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    This is for people that have successfully gotten a W&C. I'm assembling my packet and I would like to know what you did.
    1) How do you attach your pictures? Tape? Staples? Leave them attached to the card from the photographer and attach that?
    2) How did you assemble the packet (staples, paper clips, etc.)? I have the application, a DD-214, proof of the existence of my business (10 invoices, incorporation letter, P&L statement, tax notice, etc.). Should those be attached as separate parts of the packet?
    3) Receipt from the fingerprinting center.
    4) Proof that I'm an MDSP W&C instructor and an NRA pistol instructor (In lieu of a certificate of training for W&C)
    5) Check for the state fees.
    I figure that they probably prefer stuff to be assembled in a particular way.

Received the second iteration of my renewal permit a couple weeks ago, I've always cut pics to required size and then just put them loose in a ziplock bag. Paperclipped everything together with pics/check on the top and all extra documentation at the back of the packet (I make reference to all extra docs in the G&S section though to make sure they see them...."please see attached ____"). That way they can assemble it all however they want it. Don't think they care too much as long as it's all there and completed the way it's supposed to be. Good luck!

stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    Just finished my W&C training with Train to Aim in Bowie. Turned in my packet to MSP 15 mins ago. Wish me luck *♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: today is 1/16/18, just got a call from MSP for an interview today. What should i expect?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Update: today is 1/16/18, just got a call from MSP for an interview today. What should i expect?

Prepare to talk about any drugs you may have used, violent altercations you've been in, why you need a permit (they'll say, "besides your 2A right"), any mental health treatment you may have had, what handgun you'll carry, and other general things about your personal life.

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    Have my MSP interview later on this week. Trooper said it would only take 30 minutes. Sounds easy enough. I wasn't about to be stuffy about not coming in for an interview since it's close to my house and at a convenient time. I also didn't want to make the Trooper salty.

stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    So the trooper called my references yesterday, all but one answered . Would this reject my whole application or what?

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    So the trooper called my references yesterday, all but one answered . Would this reject my whole application or what?

Not at all, out of my 4 one of my references played phone tag back and forth a couple times. Never ended up getting ahold of each other.
    Try to get people preferably who will be able to answer their phone during business hours to make things easier

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Only needed 3 references... even though there are 4 spaces... just sayin'...

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Hey guys -

Received my renewal today - about 40 days from submitting the renewal app. Interestingly enough, the new permit expires in 2020 instead of 3 years out as renewals are supposed to.

Looks like i need to contact the LD folks and see what happened.

Everything else was straightforward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom