• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    Haven't looked at the job announcement yet so ignore these questions if i'll find my answer there.

What type of schedule is worked in this position? How is morale? Starting salary? Finally, how do you guys like it and is it a secure job? I currently work for the state and want to find something where everyone doesn't want to jump off a bridge.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    Don't know right now.

We have higher level jobs in Baltimore, but nothing else in state that I'm aware of. We DO have folks commuting to Calvert from Bel Air and further north, though.

Wow, I just looked up exactly where Lusby is and it's 2 hours from White Marsh to down there. Do they commute that daily? That'd be killer.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Wow, I just looked up exactly where Lusby is and it's 2 hours from White Marsh to down there. Do they commute that daily? That'd be killer.

I'm in Bel Air so thats at least 2.5 with no one else on the roads. When do you sleep? If its anything like Peach Bottom.......12 hour Shifts 6 days on 6 days off.....wow!

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Haven't looked at the job announcement yet so ignore these questions if i'll find my answer there.

What type of schedule is worked in this position? How is morale? Starting salary? Finally, how do you guys like it and is it a secure job? I currently work for the state and want to find something where everyone doesn't want to jump off a bridge.

I can't answer those questions.... not because I don't know, though. ;)

Yup. I can't imagine that either. MY commute is about 10 minutes. :D

I'm in Bel Air so thats at least 2.5 with no one else on the roads. When do you sleep? If its anything like Peach Bottom.......12 hour Shifts 6 days on 6 days off.....wow!

Screw Peach Bottom. As for the schedule, again, I can't get into that.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Does CE have their own Security at other Locations? Commuting from Bel Air to Calvert County.......:shocked3:

When I had worked for BG&E back in the early 70s my neighbor Herb Neilsen worked Security. After I left he became Head Supervisor. Did he carry over to CE? Retire?

Did you consider Peach Bottom? They should have had some openings after some of the guards were caught sleeping on duty. They may use Wackemnuts.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Did you consider Peach Bottom? They should have had some openings after some of the guards were caught sleeping on duty. They may use Wackemnuts.

They threw Wackemnuts off the Sight a few years ago! All In-house now.
    I had applied last year when they were looking to add a Team. I wasn't chosen :sad20:

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    I started a job at BGE 6 weeks ago. LOVE IT. Constellation energy is a great company to work for. I am a designer so not in the security field but either way benefits are all the same.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

nah I used to live in belair and now live south of calvert cliffs - without rush hour traffic its only 1:45 to 2 hours

with rush hour traffic its usually not worse than 2:30

but that is a lot longer commute that i'm willing to do

Chase

Dec 28, 2007
    Is this job still being advertised? I couldn't get it on the Constellation site, even with a search using the job number

leekl03

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    went to interview on saturday 19 Sept. 09. I think it went very well. They told me to keep on eye on e-mail for the week of 28 Sept 09. Still no word yet.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    went to interview on saturday 19 Sept. 09. I think it went very well. They told me to keep on eye on e-mail for the week of 28 Sept 09. Still no word yet.

Good luck man, I applied to them but never heard anything back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom