Nations Nov 17-19, 2017.gif
      41.5 KB · Views: 2,244
    • Nations Dec 29-31, 2017.gif
      Nations Dec 29-31, 2017.gif
      41.5 KB · Views: 2,222

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Ditto. I quit going a few years ago because I kept coming home with stuff I wanted but did not need. Time to see if my self control has improved. I always liked this show.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Other question for the uninitiated, what is the typical setup for AR mags? Pretty plentiful? Any ideas on prices these days at gun shows? I'd like to add to my stack and I'd like to look for some lancer warfighter 20/30rnd or surplus aluminum 20/30rnd mags if possible. I'd be willing to get a few more PMAGs.

I see deals online sometimes for 10 PMAGs for $80-90. Would a gun show probably have something in the $8-11 range each? I don't need to pick up 10+ of whatever, but I would love to pickup a few each of 20 and 30rnd

My wife's uncle is in town and we are hitting the range Saturday and he needs ammo, so I figure why not have a fun time on Friday poking around the gun show, pickup the ammo he needs for the range and a few magazines.

Since it is a 75 minute one way drive I am not going to push much if VA gunshows aren't the kind of place to typically find them inexpensively. I realize no one can no for certainty what I'd find, just wondering past (especially recent) experience.

Thanks.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Maybe later in the year with Mag prices dropping, time to get a few more dozen. Id rather go to York though.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    There is always many dealers with hundreds of PMAGs available, I see a lot of metal GI mags too...used and new ones....PMAG prices are around 11.00 each....I cant say if I see any deals for lots of (10) PMAGS, but since there's no shipping cost or hassle, I've never cared..

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    There is always many dealers with hundreds of PMAGs available, I see a lot of metal GI mags too...used and new ones....PMAG prices are around 11.00 each....I cant say if I see any deals for lots of (10) PMAGS, but since there's no shipping cost or hassle, I've never cared..

Same with me, usually I end up buying 2 or 3 every show I go to if I don't get anything else. Just exercising our waning freedoms.........

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    There are deals on mags to be found, take a small note pad to write down where you saw them and the price. If you see a really good deal, I would buy them on the spot, because they may be sold out when you come back. I have missed out on some good deals, because I waited and when I came back, the vender said that somebody came by and bought all of them at once.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Just so you're aware, Friday rush hour traffic will probably be a b*tch if you're returning to MD.

Sadly, I'm WELL aware. I don't know how commuters put up with that crap every day without going off the deep end. Even getting there earlier in the day isn't a picnic. I try to combine destinations while I'm over there. There's a new Duluth Trading store not too far away, and they have a restored WWII Jeep and trailer on display that I'd love to take home with me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hang around the Show, grab a bite either the bbq or the bird preserve, and miss most of the traffic.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Why do we all end up with dozens of magazines?? I can't even begin count all the magazines I have in my head. Do I need another 6 MP5 mags?? But they are are real HK and only 25 bucks each...... Do I really NEED more AK bakelites?? But they are unissued and only 30 bucks. Remember when they were unattainable at any price??? Do I really NEED that tenth (or is it 20th?) RPD drum??? BUY IT!!!!

I have addiction issues.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Pondering going to the next show just to see if I can hunt down a 95rd AK-74 drum and maybe some more FAL and Tanfo/CZ-75 mags. Oh, and more AR-15 and Glock mags, because you can never have enough of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom