• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Application submitted today 5/17 on the merits of my small business. Used copy of Articles of Organization/ copies of MD Trader’s license showing the establishment of the LLC business that I have as well as several months of bank statements on the business bank account.

FWIW: I also included ATM deposit receipts.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    FWIW: I also included ATM deposit receipts.

Considered it when filing, was playing with the files since you can only upload one of each type so I merged all the PDF’s of bank statements into one file, and it does show cash deposits in the transaction detail but I kept receipts also and will provide if asked.

zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    getting closer

application submitted - 5/3, application accepted - friday 5/7, assigned to investigator - 5/16, references contacted - 5/17, reassigned to new investigator - 5/21

phone interview - 5/26

phone call lasted 5 min & 5 sec... and a minute of that was bitching about cicadas lol...

before calling I received an email from the investigator saying I needed 10 invoices at a minimum (not a combo of invoices and receipts of purchases) because my residence and business are based out of state... not an issue for me but it would've been nice for them to put that on the initial application

SDMFVan

May 19, 2021
    I've got an interesting one:

Application submitted - 4/19
    Application accepted - 4/26
    Reassigned to a new investigator - 5/4
    References called - 5/6
    Interview - 5/10

After my interview the investigator said he was done and would be typing up the report and submitting it for approval later that day. It was radio silence from MSP until yesterday (5/25) when I got an email that my "application had been assigned to an investigator". I'm kind of curious what's going on, especially because my status never updated in the portal from "application accepted" to "assigned to investigator" until yesterday.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Submitted 5/16
    Accepted 5/19
    Assigned Investigator 5/25

UPDATE:
    At least one reference interviewed 5/28
    Assigned New Investigator 6/3
    At least one more reference interviewed 6/9
    Phone Interview w/Investigator 6/16
    Application "Approved" e-mail received: 7/19

---and the beat goes on...

Last edited:

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    Hi All great info in this tread. Had a Fl. non resident years ago, let it laps ,life got in the way and kids, but now I need to get a 24/7 permit due to job change. Boss said I should get it due to where the job sites we go to and time of day we are there at times.
    I will have 100% support from work, we sometimes do cash and checks from customers so I will have it in the truck at times. We are a 24/7 company. Thats the suck part of work.lol.
    Any hoops beyond the regular stuff I might need to cya on this application?
    The last year I have been checked out by a ton of the ABC gov. places even SS due to work. All fun stuff, so I dont think I will have an issue with being checked out and cleared, am asking for any tips or bases I need to make sure, yes I know there is guarantee I will get it ,just want to make sure I do 1000000% right on the app. Thanks!

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    Hi All great info in this tread. Had a Fl. non resident years ago, let it laps ,life got in the way and kids, but now I need to get a 24/7 permit due to job change. Boss said I should get it due to where the job sites we go to and time of day we are there at times.
    I will have 100% support from work, we sometimes do cash and checks from customers so I will have it in the truck at times. We are a 24/7 company. Thats the suck part of work.lol.
    The last year I have been checked out by a ton of the ABC gov. places even SS due to work. All fun stuff, so I dont think I will have an issue with being checked out and cleared, am asking for any tips or bases I need to make sure, yes I know there is guarantee I will get it ,just want to make sure I do 1000000% right on the app. Thanks!

Dancingturd

Mar 23, 2021
    Frederick County
    Jebus Christ. Ive been looking through this thread and seeing everything people are going through, seems to be quite a pain in the ass. Enough of a pain in the ass I wont be applying anytime soon. It almost like MD is making it a PITA on purpose... Damn you MD you won this round.

SDMFVan

May 19, 2021

You'd need a letter from your employer, which doesn't seem like an issue, but my understanding is you'll still get a permit restricted to "when doing business for" your job. Even though it's 24/7 they won't give you an unrestricted permit, ie. if you're at a restaurant having dinner with your family you're not going to be able to carry because you're not doing your job.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    You'd need a letter from your employer, which doesn't seem like an issue, but my understanding is you'll still get a permit restricted to "when doing business for" your job. Even though it's 24/7 they won't give you an unrestricted permit, ie. if you're at a restaurant having dinner with your family you're not going to be able to carry because you're not doing your job.

Not true.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    if you're at a restaurant having dinner with your family you're not going to be able to carry because you're not doing your job.

As the MD State Police have repeatedly told everyone that asks, only the person carrying can say whether or not they're on call, on the job, working, etc. They refuse to directly address that specific scenario because they can't pretend to be able to argue the details of every type of work.

If they're going to play the game of saying that someone walking around with a toolbox is inherently more at risk than a tourist walking around with a camera bag, then there's no reason not to play the game of "being at work" any time you've got work financial instruments, a work mobile phone, and the possibility of having to divert immediately on work related matters from any activity that in and of itself doesn't directly appear work-ish.

I can't think of many cases at all where someone carrying on that basis has had big trouble with the MDSP on the matter.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    As the MD State Police have repeatedly told everyone that asks, only the person carrying can say whether or not they're on call, on the job, working, etc. They refuse to directly address that specific scenario because they can't pretend to be able to argue the details of every type of work.

If they're going to play the game of saying that someone walking around with a toolbox is inherently more at risk than a tourist walking around with a camera bag, then there's no reason not to play the game of "being at work" any time you've got work financial instruments, a work mobile phone, and the possibility of having to divert immediately on work related matters from any activity that in and of itself doesn't directly appear work-ish.

I can't think of many cases at all where someone carrying on that basis has had big trouble with the MDSP on the matter.

Well, just that one where a guy wwith a valid permit was pulled over in the middle of the night, the officer contacted MSP who indicated, wrongly, that his permit had expired, and the gut spent the night in jail. IIRC, when they eventuallly had to let him out, they tried to trump up some additional charges so the false arrest wouldn't look so bad. There was not one lawyer in MD who would file a false arrest lawsuit on his behalf.

Aside from that, no problemo, as we say in our fluent New American.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    phone interview - 5/26

phone call lasted 5 min & 5 sec... and a minute of that was bitching about cicadas lol...

before calling I received an email from the investigator saying I needed 10 invoices at a minimum (not a combo of invoices and receipts of purchases) because my residence and business are based out of state... not an issue for me but it would've been nice for them to put that on the initial application

It's not on the initial application because it's just made up ********. Depending on the investigator the level of made up ******** varies from none to severe.

I have even seen an investigator ask for, get this, a letter FROM THE BANK stating that employee XX is authorized to make deposits for company YY. Why would the bank give a rat's behind who is making deposits?

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    03/31/2021 Application Submitted

04/01/2021 Application Accepted - my application had to be accepted manually because I had a problem where the payment screen froze and didn't confirm my payment so I sent an email asking if they got my money and the person who replied said that they had received it and it would be forwarded for review immediately.

04/01/2021 Submitted for review

04/07/2021 Assigned to new investigator

04/14/2021 Assigned to new investigator

Week of 04/14/2021 2 of 3 References interviewed

05/10/2021 Phone interview

05/05/2021 Assigned to new investigator

06/03/2021 Application approved

06/09/2021 Unrestricted unobtanium card received

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SDMFVan

May 19, 2021
    03/31/2021 Application Submitted

04/01/2021 Application Accepted - my application had to be accepted manually because I had a problem where the payment screen froze and didn't confirm my payment so I sent an email asking if they got my money and the person who replied said that they had received it and it would be forwarded for review immediately.

04/01/2021 Submitted for review

04/07/2021 Assigned to new investigator

04/14/2021 Assigned to new investigator

Week of 04/14/2021 2 of 3 References interviewed

05/09/2021 Phone interview

05/05/2021 Assigned to new investigator

06/03/2021 Application approved

They did your interview on a Sunday? I didn't realize they did anything on the weekends.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    They did your interview on a Sunday? I didn't realize they did anything on the weekends.
    My bad, it was the 10th but the trooper emailed me on the 9th to schedule the call. She would regularly respond to my emails late nights and on the weekends. But she did mention that she was a little behind because she had to travel to a police funeral on the eastern shore. She was pretty nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom