• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have a small supply of stickers as illustrated on this thread that I will ship to MD residents free of charge if you PROMISE to actually put them on your car ;)

CCW is possible....if we all hold our elected officials' feet to the fire that law-abiding citizens of MD have a right to self-defense.

Maryland Shall Issue

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The sticker is on the way.

Anyone else? This batch is going quickly.......

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So...I'm back. Do my posts look $1300 prettier? They better.....

Stickers still available.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Funny thing is....that $1300 bought me a machine I could have only dreamed of when I bought my old laptop for $3500 5 years ago.

Now if I could just spend $1300 to make ME look better!

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Thank you!
    WashAuto06067.jpg

WashAuto06068.jpg

and one for the money!
    WashAuto06069.jpg

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Very nice.....funny thing though about stickers on cars. I kinda figure that what side of the car you put the sticker on is based on what side most people are likely to see. I guess you spend a lot of time in the left lane :rasp:

A VW owner.....Passats are a gas to drive and one of the few cars I actually feel comfortable in.

Question: Did you take your Passat lettering off or did someone swipe it? We had a cop banging on our door on a Sunday morning about a year ago because they caught a kid going around prying the letters off of VWs :sad20:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I just got back from a public meeting in Bowie about concealed carry. I learned a whoooole lot about the issue I never would have imagined I would.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    DD214 said:
    Share the knowledge, if you don't mind!
    Probably stuff y'all know already but was new to me.

I discovered a few things about who is anti-gun in my voting ditrsict for instance and who is our enemy. The guy running the show was very well informed for someone who just started his activism and was able to provide us with innformation on which anti-gun candidates are most vulnerable to losing an election. I also learned some interesting "mysteries" about the NRA refusing to help the CC movements in MD.
    There was also some talk about MSI and some other groups about how there is some derision between them and how that has become counterproductive. Even though he was starting his own action, he called for unity among the groups and increase in membership among the groups that exist so that the NRA will finally take notice and maybe help us. (5,000 membership in each group among the major ones might be enough, or something like that)

The guy was from Carroll county and he said the problem is not there because he has three Republican reps in Congress for his county and so he came up here where the problem is (and Mont. County and Balt. county).

He had a very practical approach and he was not expecting a change in the laws this year. He was basically getting things started for next year and the first step was to get the vulnerable, anti-gun candidates removed so that they would not be there for the next legislative session. He also suggessted we make sure the other more entrenched politicians know we are growing and that we are more active so they would be less likely to oppose us, but he was being realisitc when he said that they may never change.

I figured that "Bowie's favourite son" Sen. Leo Green was not gun friendly, but I had no idea just how damaging he is. The pecker does listen to his constituents here in Bowie and he might listen to a pro-gun democrat like me more than anyone else, but I figure that if he is too far gone, then why bother.

I learned stuff like that.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Pretty much any info is news to me. I'm new to all of this. I came from a state that trusts its citizens, so I've never had to worry about this stuff. I plan to be as active as possible this year though.

I am especially interested in why the NRA is leaving us out in the cold. From what you learned, do you believe that the NRA's reasons are legitamate, or should I start writting nasty letters to them and withholding donations?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    novus collectus said:
    There was also some talk about MSI and some other groups about how there is some derision between them and how that has become counterproductive.

I'd be interested in hearing a LOT more about this statement considering that most of the information that Michael has been peddling has been taken from MSI members' work in dealing with our legislators in Annapolis.

Perhaps he was referring to Jim Purtilo and his nonsense?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    DD214 said:
    Pretty much any info is news to me. I'm new to all of this. I came from a state that trusts its citizens, so I've never had to worry about this stuff. I plan to be as active as possible this year though.

I am especially interested in why the NRA is leaving us out in the cold. From what you learned, do you believe that the NRA's reasons are legitamate, or should I start writting nasty letters to them and withholding donations?
    They said it was a "mystery". They claim that they have something "realy big" planned for Mayland and that we should be patient (or something like that). But people who have pressed the issue have heard that they simply do not think there is enough support from the pro-gun crowd in MD and the impression I got is that they simply don't want to waste their time. Which is another issue the speaker brought up and he said if we get membership up in the concealed carry groups, then they would have to pay attention (and the politicians would too hopefully).

Maybe Jas will see this and he'll contribute because he knows more about the speaker's position and what he is trying to do.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Norton said:
    I'd be interested in hearing a LOT more about this statement considering that most of the information that Michael has been peddling has been taken from MSI members' work in dealing with our legislators in Annapolis.

I am not too good with details and names, but the name rings a bell. All I remember with clarity is something about a squirell with really big balls.

There was a guy attending who knew a lot about MSI and I think he said he was a member, so we learned some stuff from him as well.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Norton said:

By the way, the guy was very good at giving credit where credit is due. He promotes unity and solidarity.
    He was just trying to state the position we are in and what some of the thoughts as to why. I don't think he was being critical of anyone and he was just discussing recent history I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom