• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    As an owner of a .300 blackout rifle I use for deer/hog hunting, I am always on the lookout for decent priced, quality supersonic ammo (I am currently not suppressing but that may change - come on HPA!). Anyway, I prefer 125 grain since my scope has been calibrated for that load. I use Nosler and Accubond rounds for hunting and try to stick with SMK, Speer TNT or FMJ for plinking to try to save some money.
    I have tried some of the bulk reman offerings as well as typical manufacturers such as Hornady and Fiocchi. Sometime the ammo has been unreliable (remanned) or just plain stinking expensive!
    Well I ran into Modern Arms International https://secure.modernarmsinternational.com/ as I was browsing the web and thought I'd try out 250 rounds of their 125 grain Speer TNT rounds (all new components) at only $0.53/rd! https://secure.modernarmsinternational.com/shop/new-brass-125gr-speertnt-supersonic-250-rounds-copy/
    Took the newly arrived ammo up to Freestate today and put some down range. These things were smoking! :gun2::D Clean, no feeding/ejection issues, accurate and bolt stayed open on last round after each mag.
    For the money and quality, I think they will be hard to beat.
    I have attached a few pics of the ammo and the gun they were shot through today (16" barrel in case anyone was wondering).
    If you're looking for some .300 (they have subsonic too), you might want to give them a try.
    Best,
    Jim

PS - DISCLAIMER - I have no affiliation with Modern Arms - just a happy customer

kryptek.300fullpic.jpg
    .300profile.jpg
    .300standing.jpg

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    When I had a few 300BLK's, I was lucky enough that a local shop had the ammo by the cases. Subsonic and supersonic Remington. Granted, it wasn't as cheap as reman, but it was cheap enough and more than accurate enough for my uses.

It was good to have the option when I didn't feel like spending time at the press cranking out my own.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you tried any of Tomkat's ammo? They're IPs here and they do most of the regional gun shows as well. I highly recommend giving them a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom