• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Well it's been more then 30days since I h a d turned in all my paper work for my CCW and I have just been sitting back patiently waiting! Then yesterday I got a call from all of my for references letting me know that the MSP had called them inquiring about me. Which is fine, I just thought in my experience and how thought this process worked was you had your interview first then they called your references. I guess they changed it up on me lol. Now I wonder how long till my interview.. Another 30 days lol.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    My interview was first. I also know they didn’t call all of my references. I think it’s case by case and depends on the investigator and your individual situation.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What surprises me is that it happened so quickly. I didn't get my interview (or my references called) until right up close to 90 days.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    My investigator called me on Monday for a Thursday interview and directed me to haven’t references call him prior to my interview to not delay my report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At one level the steps can be done in any order . I suppose if they suspect the references or spouse/ SO would have anything juicy, they would want to get that first to bring up in your interview .

More typically afterwards so they can ask you to have them call, or be reachable for his call .

Back in the post- Wollard era , that was a concern for selecting my references , with an eye that they would be reachable 6 months down the road .( Many of my potential references were retired , and they could either be traveling , or they or spouse could be having eposidic health issues .)

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Well then I will just sit back and let the proses go as it goes! Just happy that something is happening!

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    OK well I had my interview today and I think it went well. My question now is what happens now. My investigator did not really say. I am guessing he writes up a report and sends it off to the licensing devision right and then more waiting.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    Well it's been more then 30days since I h a d turned in all my paper work for my CCW and I have just been sitting back patiently waiting! Then yesterday I got a call from all of my for references letting me know that the MSP had called them inquiring about me. Which is fine, I just thought in my experience and how thought this process worked was you had your interview first then they called your references. I guess they changed it up on me lol. Now I wonder how long till my interview.. Another 30 days lol.

how long has it been since you applied.. I applied a little over 30 days ago

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    well i had my interview and i am not sure how well it went. The interviewer was very nice but just was not sure he understood the details of our business. I brought all the paperwork he asked for and answered all the questions he asked but when he asked about how much money i deposit i answered " for which employee?" I explained i make several deposits for each employee at different times of the week. So he said how much did you deposit for employee 1 on Tuesday? I said well only $1500 but it was only Tuesday...the second day of the work week and that was only for one employee. He wrote down $1500. Then he asked how much of that was cash. I said only $800. He wrote that down. I said wait that is not showing you the whole picture. Look at my statements and deposits slips which show over $30k in deposits each month and 65% is cash. He said no its fine i have enough. So i was a little confused.

I feel like i did not get to explain in any way how things really are if that makes scene. there was more that needed to be said and he just did not want or need to hear it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Remember that your interviewer isn’t really making the call, just reporting on his sense of your character and bundling up your material to pass along. The next stop is the licensing division, where your business paperwork will get a once over. They may ask for more info to clarify things. Don’t give too much more thought to the interview.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I redacted all my financials and when he asked how much an average deposit was I said thousands of dollars. He said how many thousands I said from 2-20 that was it. I think they are just trying to see if what you say matches what you may have provided always looking for discrepancies or outright lies. I also use night deposit and not sure if that factored in or not. My overriding thought on this issue is if a guy deposits 600 a week or 6000 does he/she have more or less of a case for personal protection/ safety. No clear benchmark as far as I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Well then I will just take it as it is.
    Even some of the personal questions some times felt like I was being baited into something that was not real. It was just not what I expected. Some of the same questions were asked more than once.

So what's the next step now that the interview part is done.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It all depends how happy the licensing division is. They may issue you your permit (or deny it) in a matter of a few short days ... or they may contact you in search of some more info (that happened to me). Once the permit is in hand, you’ll have a short window during which to request an HPRB hearing in an attempt to relieve the inevitable restrictions.

That hearing will be months from now, should that be the case.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    well my interview was yesterday, investigator seemed very montone, cant say the interview went great.. was just a bunch of yes or no questions. wondering what my wait time is for a response been about 45 days since application submitted

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    Just for kicks, when I got my Florida permit as a Florida resident, I don't recall that any references were required or, for that matter, much else beyond a minimal firearms safety course. Of course, I'm so old this was in the age of flintlock pistols! :)

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    It all depends how happy the licensing division is. They may issue you your permit (or deny it) in a matter of a few short days ... or they may contact you in search of some more info (that happened to me).

how long after interview did they request more info?

well I'm on day 65, interview was 3 weeks ago, no request for additional information.. Anxious to know if i'm going to hear something soon, or if it will go the full 90. the crossing the fingers and waiting is the hard part

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    how long after interview did they request more info?

well I'm on day 65, interview was 3 weeks ago, no request for additional information.. Anxious to know if i'm going to hear something soon, or if it will go the full 90. the crossing the fingers and waiting is the hard part

If they were going to ask for more info they probably would have done it by now.

Patience, grasshopper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom