• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    This gun with 750-1000 rds is dropping mags and not locking on last shot or manually on empty mag unless upward pressure applied to floor plate. Calling sw wed. Was an EDC but not anymore. Anyone else?

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I would think if your grip hasn't changed and the mags do the same thing that I'd strip it, clean it and put a good light on the mag catch for debris, wear or damage.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    No rail a cessories. Wife shot it with same result. Release is soft. I have a shield 9 that i shot side by side without a hitch. Mag release has more resistence.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Isn't the obvious answer "you need to replace your mag catch/release?" Looks like they're fourteen bucks on eBay. Parts fail, especially on little guns shooting powerful rounds.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Obvious is the problem involves either bad slot on magazine, bad magazine catch, or both . Same problems with multiple mags puts the odds on the mag catch .

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I emailed SW on 1/2 who responded next day with a form to return in order to generate a mailing label. Gun was sent by fed ex 1/4. SW said not to return mags which i questioned but did not. An interesting non shield post on another forum from a person who shoots min 1000 rds mo opinined platic parts simply wear out with use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom