• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So, yes it has a rivet in the mag stopping it from holding more than 10 rnds. It functions fine and is now relegated to a range mag nothing more.

The bigger problem that has now cropped up is that Sig Sauer has made this version of the MCX Its called The "Snake Bite". Its the same thing as the MCX Vertus. If you remove the bolt/recoil assy you can see straight through the entire rifle. There is nothing blocking dirt or debris from entering the gun if you fall forward and get dirt into the action. I am uncertain if the entire MCX line is made this way BUT, it doesn't make you feel good about using it to defend yourself in any circumstance. Eg: If the person you are pointing the gun at throws debris at you its possibly going to jam the guns action rendering you helpless. That is if the plastic part doesnt fail first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DpZ1dsc3c

Also, he found out that the rear recoil spring plate (catch/holder) is made of plastic. For a rifle that is selling for $ 2500.00 Sig should be using metal in every bit of the gun.

When he called Sig to purchase a metal replacement they denied producing one. He proved that the rifle currently in production called the Rattler has that same exact plate that is metal and is pinned to keep things in place. Sig denied that also and then said "Your plate has been tested to thousands of rounds and should be fine. If you ever have an issue with it call us back and we will take care of it".

Won't be buying another Sig, they feel the general public does not warrant a gun that is of military grade like they claim they are. Using plastic in the action of any gun is known to be less than acceptable for reliability.

Sorry Sig, we wont be bitten by your lack of truth, and engineering. We won't buy another Sig Rifle.

Hmmm...my GWACS lower would like to disagree with you. As would Ian and Carl of InRange with their WWSD AR-15s who also use GWACS lowers. Granted mine hasn’t had more than maybe 200rnds through it, but they shot, run over, done pushups on and fired (I assume) thousands of rounds through their GWACS based AR-15s with no breakages. Uses polymer buffer tube integrated with the lower. Much tougher design than polymer lowers with a screw in tube. Stronger than aluminum lowers with an aluminum tube (you’ll bend the tube if you run it over with a car. Carl and Ian tested both side by side).

I can’t personally speak to SIGs design. It might be fine, it might be crap. Many firearms are starting to use polymers in parts of their actions. I wouldn’t use a firearm I didn’t trust for possible life or death situations. But on the other hand, you don’t know that that rifle is less reliable.

My garand’s action is nice and exposed all the time, especially after ejecting a clip. Worked great for 20+ years in US mil service and longer for other countries. Yes it can lock-up if exposed to a bunch of mud, ice or sand.

Doesn’t seem likely in an HD scenario. DA revolvers don’t work if the bad guy grabs and holds the cylinder. A browning action pistol won’t fire if the barrel is pressed up on something pushing it out of battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom