• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKtoMD

Feb 1, 2020
    Hello everyone! I will be making the move from beautiful, un-infringed Alaska to Maryland this summer due to a military transfer. Trying to get a head start on wrapping my head around all the State laws, and what firearms I'm gonna need to alter, or sell :banghead: Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully heading to the range with some of you!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Welcome to the asylum.

Attachments

• the_scream smaller.jpg
      the_scream smaller.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 391

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    They have taken everything away from us , including plastic bags and straws . Soon we will have pitch forks & hoes to storm the castle .

AKtoMD

Feb 1, 2020
    I'll be working in D.C. unfortunately. We've looked into living in VA instead, but damn near impossible to find a decent house with comparable drive times for me. I have a couple AR-15s that don't have the HBAR barrel. Although one says it has an A2 profile barrel as opposed to the M4. I also have an IWI Tavor SAR that looks like it's going to be a problem as well.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I'll be working in D.C. unfortunately. We've looked into living in VA instead, but damn near impossible to find a decent house with comparable drive times for me. I have a couple AR-15s that don't have the HBAR barrel. Although one says it has an A2 profile barrel as opposed to the M4. I also have an IWI Tavor SAR that looks like it's going to be a problem as well.

Depends on when you bought them. Pre OCt 2013?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Where are you being assigned to? I was assigned to Ft Myers and worked at the old Hoffman building. Commuted down 70-270-beltway for 4 years until I retired. That was in 94 when Marylinistan was still part of free America. Possibility of living up north in Pennsylvania?

AKtoMD

Feb 1, 2020
    Unfortunately no, they were all bought after 2013. The one's not really worth replacing the barrel on, so i'll probably just sell it. Maybe remove the barrel from the other one and just leave it in the safe. Still not sure what I'm going to do with the IWI.

AKtoMD

Feb 1, 2020
    Where are you being assigned to? I was assigned to Ft Myers and worked at the old Hoffman building. Commuted down 70-270-beltway for 4 years until I retired. That was in 94 when Marylinistan was still part of free America. Possibility of living up north in Pennsylvania?

I'll be at Reagan International, so unfortunately no. I'm originally from Pennsylvania so that was naturally where I looked first haha.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    I'd look closer to Reagan National. That side of the river is still VA. There are condos that may work for you, depending on dependent situation.

Range trips for long guns may include guitar cases, golf bags, and other covert means so you don't get immediately black-balled in the building.

If you can swing it, get some TAD/TDY this way to check out the actual living situations/options before disposing/altering your stuff.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    For an out-of-thebox/state solution, maybe consider living in WV somewhere in the "panhandle" area, there is a commuter train that runs from Brunswick MD into DC. Such an arrangement might let you continue to live in America. The way things look now I wouldn't even bother trying to find a residence in VA.

AKtoMD

Feb 1, 2020
    I'd look closer to Reagan National. That side of the river is still VA. There are condos that may work for you, depending on dependent situation.

Range trips for long guns may include guitar cases, golf bags, and other covert means so you don't get immediately black-balled in the building.

If you can swing it, get some TAD/TDY this way to check out the actual living situations/options before disposing/altering your stuff.

Unfortunately a condo or town house is not something that would work for me (wife, kid, 2 dogs). Every once in a blue moon there's a house in woodbridge that will pop up and catch our attention but they're rare. A tad concerned with the way things are going in VA as well though.

For an out-of-thebox/state solution, maybe consider living in WV somewhere in the "panhandle" area, there is a commuter train that runs from Brunswick MD into DC. Such an arrangement might let you continue to live in America. The way things look now I wouldn't even bother trying to find a residence in VA.

I'll have to look into that, thanks for the suggestion.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Welcome. I would look around the Ft. Belvoir or Lorton area some more. Maybe even further south and west, before I would pick anything in Md.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Welcome to the forum!

As a former Maryland resident myself, and having a brother that is under JSOC SF Command and also a ex-Marylander, do everything you can to avoid this move. My brother and his wife rented in Northern VA....yes I know that VA is going through Tyranny atm, however at least their laws are clear and you KNOW if you are going to be breaking them. Also you can still bring your AR's as they are presently constituted.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well, VA is close to just banning all AR's, although so far the bill hasn't progressed further.

my thought on maryland is i'm not aware of any cases where cops pulled rifles out of your trunk or took them from you at a range and measured barrel or overall length or looked for 'hbar' designations stamped somewhere on the barrel underneath the handguard. i'm sure if you're a total d!ck at a traffic stop, and/or they want an add-on charge for a heinous offense, maybe they would super duper check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom