• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Public Safety 5-133(d):

"(d) Possession by person under age of 21 years prohibited; exceptions. --

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who is under the age of 21 years may not possess a regulated firearm.

(2) Unless a person is otherwise prohibited from possessing a regulated firearm, this subsection does not apply to:

(i) the temporary transfer or possession of a regulated firearm if the person is:

1. under the supervision of another who is at least 21 years old and who is not prohibited by State or federal law from possessing a firearm; and

2. acting with the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the transferee or person in possession;
    ..."

So was the decdent acting with Dad's permission to be dealing THC with a loaded handgun? I suspect any of us would be hit with charges. Our only defense would be showing a cut-open safe. But since Dad's a cop, so it's more than just another drug murder and I doubt we'll see any scrutiny about why the decedent had one of Dad's pistols in-hand when he died.

That question is so completely ridiculous that it is laughable. But hey... if it feels good to cast unmerited aspersions like that at other people you don’t know... :shrug:

1time already handled the legal aspect of your query. And he covered the Departmental aspect as well.

The question remaining...
    If dad was not a LEO... would you have even bothered to ask for... or opine that he should be jailed for the actions of his deceased son?

All gun owners... citizen and LEO alike... are constantly being attacked by the leftist anti gunners with new laws and restrictions.
    • They seek ways of punishing all of us for simply owning firearms.
    • They want to sue the manufacturers for making firearms.
    • They want to sue the dealers for selling firearms.
    But do you know who they refuse to hold accountable?
    They do all they can to keep the CRIMINALS WHO USE FIREARMS to commit crimes... from being convicted of their crimes or spending any time in jail.

And...
    you want to jail a man...
    because his son had his firearm...
    when one of those criminals shot and killed him?

MDA would love for that to happen.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    His parents were out of town at the time https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/son-of-cop-found-dead-in-his-charles-county-driveway-remembered-as-eagle-scout-runner

The cop’s son was advertising THC cartridges for sale on snap chat https://www.google.com/amp/s/wjla.com/amp/news/local/two-suspects-arrested-cops-son

I don’t think there’s undercover work going on here...

None of this makes sense. The kid had a job at the Lackey HS pool, was about to graduate with some credit hours in criminal justice and had plenty of options available to him. Why he he thought it was a good idea to deal vape cartridges (real or fake) out of his dad's driveway....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    None of this makes sense. The kid had a job at the Lackey HS pool, was about to graduate with some credit hours in criminal justice and had plenty of options available to him. Why he he thought it was a good idea to deal vape cartridges (real or fake) out of his dad's driveway....

No, it doesn’t make sense. But 16 year olds always want extra cash (ideally off the parents’ radar), and since 16 year old kids also think:

1) They know everything
    2) They are much smarter than they are
    3) That they’re immortal
    4) That even if something bad happens, they won’t get in THAT much trouble
    5) That everyone else is doing it

(and more) I don’t think it’s impossible that he would be both the good things you mentioned AND the stupid things. That’s pretty much the definition of being 16.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Not that this really needs to be said but i was discussing this with my buddy last night. Probably because we have a large amount if alleged facts in this case vs the usual Baltimore “2 young men dead in shooting” headline. BTW two young men were murdered in DC last night.

Think about this........this kid is dead over $300. I bought a $400 vacuum yesterday. This kids life, to the murderers, was worth less then my vacuum.

The above can be thought about for any senseless murder obviously but we have more info in then case then most initially.
    Like in Casablanca, in Charles County, human life is cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom