How Many of You Guys Use Multiple Uppers for a Single Lower?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How many of you guys use multiple uppers for a lower, as opposed to a dedicated upper for each lower? I think it It does make sense for SBR's and pre-ban lowers. However, every time I have started with multiple uppers, a new lower finds its way into the collection :)

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    The problem with multiple uppers is that you end up liking one more and then it never leaves the lower. I have two 300 blackout uppers, the 7.5” never leaves the pistol lower and the 10.5” never leaves the safe.

The only way the 10.5” will leave the safe is if the 7.5” has a problem or if it gets a dedicated lower, it’s about to get that lower and a tax stamp to SBR it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yes I do that and my lowers are more than $250 cause of the giessele trigger upgrades. I keep Lower in the safe seperated from the upper except my 2 pre oct2013 have dedicated uppers
    Some uppers on a shelf outside of safe. Gun room is locked though with steel door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah it's almost wrong to not have matched sets...

but like noted above it does get 'spensive when you put nice triggers in all those lowers

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm weird. I build complete guns. I don't like having red-headed step children running around.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Somehow, I keep ending up with enough parts that I just have to do another build. Guess I will have to stop storing them in the dark!:innocent0

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Mine are all about the looks, the uppers and lowers have to “work” together.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    haha

I'm weird. I build complete guns. I don't like having red-headed step children running around.

like the post a few years ago about how many ARs or something..... damn I found a buffer spring....well, gotta build a rifle for it. hahahaha

Plus, with your stuff, my friend- you have them all with awesome fit and finish and purpose. Now if I just had a couple plinkers I would do the swapping. But for anything specific, leave as is for the most part..

Sirex