• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    It just gets better and better.

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2019/11/montgomery-countys-latest-plan-to-tackle-racial-inequity/

“The bill, as amended, is going to establish a racial equity and social justice program. It’s going to establish an Office of Racial Equity and Social Justice in the executive branch,” said Montgomery County Council President Nancy Navarro, chief sponsor of the measure.
    All county employees must undergo racial equity training, and every government department and office must develop a “racial equity and social justice action plan.”

My son applied for a job with the county, for which he was well qualified. I suspected he would not get it because he's a white male. He didn't. Of course, I don't know why but I have my suspicions. I haven't said anything to him about this because I don't want him to get discouraged.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yeah, MoCo is reeeeeeal tolerant. I know someone who applied for a job with them a few years ago. He was probably in his late 50's early 60's at the time, had decades of professional experience (Military, Federal, State) as well as an engineering degree. During the interview one of the interviewers piped up and said, "We just got rid of a bunch of old timers like you".

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    How long before the county won’t do business with any company who doesn’t have an equity hiring practice in place and who pass a certain % of minority employment?

How is the county addressing minority majority?

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Dang PB where have you been?
    I got denied jobs because of race back in 1983! Too Caucasian! In fact the hiring supervisor told me I was the most qualified but.....
    They filled like 7 positions and I interviewed for all of them. I went to each interview and after the first two he and I would go to lunch!
    A local water and sewer utility used to require minority contractors be included in job proposals at the rate of 30%. Even after the Supreme Court said it was an illegal practice.
    No worries just have to keep on keeping on.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    In the late 1980s applied with the MoCo Sheriff's Office to be a Deputy. A friend who was a Frederick County Deputy told me my chances of being accepted were slim and none. He said the only way you could get hired by MoCo was if I was a female or minority. I went through the process and was considered highly qualified...then the process suddenly stopped. I was no longer in consideration...guess my friend was correct. I was a federal LEO and stayed one so it wasn't like I was out of work or didn't have a good track record to be checked.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    My son went through school as an American Indian because someone keyed in the wrong digit. The school staff never could fix it because it would cause ripples down stream from the grants and other fed benny's. Crazy world...

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    It just gets better and better.

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2019/11/montgomery-countys-latest-plan-to-tackle-racial-inequity/

My son applied for a job with the county, for which he was well qualified. I suspected he would not get it because he's a white male. He didn't. Of course, I don't know why but I have my suspicions. I haven't said anything to him about this because I don't want him to get discouraged.

He just needs to identify as something else... easy peasy lemon squeezy.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    One of my younger brothers who is now a DCFP captain applied a long time ago for MoCo FP. He was told same stuff.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My son went through school as an American Indian because someone keyed in the wrong digit. The school staff never could fix it because it would cause ripples down stream from the grants and other fed benny's. Crazy world...

Oh no! You mean like “Pocahontas” did? Naw, she intentionally used that to get tenure at her job even though she continues to say she neve benefited from her “mistake”.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    yeah...

Attachments

• lwpoc2.jpg
      lwpoc2.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 451

Users who are viewing this thread