• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have not gotten an email notification from MDS since about 10am today, 9/20/17. Anyone else in the dark?

Thanks!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Seems like I got 2 notifications through Comcast. Surprisingly both are NOT firearm related. At 4:33, I got a notification about the Hurricane Maria thread and then at 4:50 I got another notification about the Earthquake in Mexico thread. If I didn't know better, I would think that Comcast is preventing anything firearm related from passing through their servers.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Comcast email service has been terrible for the last month - constantly going in and out of service. Called them, was told to reset the modem, did it, no change. How Co.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Comcast related issues have always been our biggest tech problem.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just got an 84 email dump from Comcast. All from throughout the day from MDS. No other email was delayed.

Imagine that.....

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I just got an 84 email dump from Comcast. All from throughout the day from MDS. No other email was delayed.

Imagine that.....

I don't know if Comcast is doing the same, but the Verizon/AOL merger and their subsequent tightening up of their filters have made it virtually impossible to send bulk emails to either of those domains without the mails being rejected.

I wonder if Comcast is seeing these as bulk mails and quarantining them.

Can you whitelist the email notifications and see if that helps?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know if Comcast is doing the same, but the Verizon/AOL merger and their subsequent tightening up of their filters have made it virtually impossible to send bulk emails to either of those domains without the mails being rejected.

I wonder if Comcast is seeing these as bulk mails and quarantining them.

Can you whitelist the email notifications and see if that helps?

It would appear that by the date stamp on these emails, they were all received by Comcast at different times of the day. Something happened to prevent them from being forwarded to me in the usual fashion. There was no rhyme or reason as to how I received the emails. I would get one from 1pm then the next message would be from 4pm, then the very next message could be from 10am. This was definitely an issue with their outbound server.

I have MDS on my trusted sites. It has been for the longest time. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the Comcast mail server. One reason, for a time yesterday, I got no emails. Then I got a few to trickle through which included a few from MDS, but mostly from others. This continued throughout the day. Then the dam burst at 11:40pm last night. I got 84 MDS emails, then a little while later, I got a few more and a lot from others. So it would seem that since most (95%) of my emails are from MDS, this all seems to be what one would expect from an email outbound server issue at Comcast.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Comcast has been having major issues with their TV, Internet (including email) and Phone services starting sometime yesterday. Their Comcast Cares Twiiter (https://twitter.com/comcastcares) account reports that all email problems have been fixed. For me, I could not get any TV service most of last night, and my Internet connection was at a crawl. Today, everthing seems back to normal. BTW, I don't use Comcast email or Phone services, so I can't attest to how they are working. The web site downdetector.com is still showing some outages in Maryland, but I'm not having any problems today.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Comcast must be having more problems with MDS today. The notifications have trickled in today and now I'm getting them about 7-8 late. The joys of being a Comcast customer.

It's gotta be some type of scrubber/filter they're using on these emails. I get everything else within minutes of it being sent. I've ordered 3 times from Amazon today, I get ads from many firearm vendors and other personal emails and they all are delivered within minutes of their time stamp. Not so with MDS emails.... :tdown:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Comcast is at it again. I'm seeing a ton of threads that I'm subscribed to and I've not gotten an email for more than 2 hours.

Edit: I just got 1 from the Hurricane Maria thread. But that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom