• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    I cannot remember the specific name of who had it. Heck, I didn't even look to see who the vendor was. It was toward the back of the place. It was on a table in the back "middle" of the place, but on the right side aisle. Essentially, if you were walking down the right side aisle, it would have been on your left just before the row with the vendor selling a bunch of nice looking AR rifles that were on pedestals.

There were two of them sitting on the table. One in 6.5 Creed and the other in .308 Win. I've read a lot of the pros and cons of both, and I am leaning toward the 308. They were both $1,350, maybe $1,325. I know it wasn't a number that scared me off from considering them. Santa might have one in his bag.

Ok now I know where you mean. That was fox firearms.i thought that was a 223. Must have read it wrong

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    Decent HoCo show. The prices were certainly more reasonable and the selection was also good. Met some MDshooter folks that I haven't met before and joined MSI. Not a bad way to spend part of my Sunday.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I forgot to mention, one of the vendor had the elusive 22 CCI suppressor (not quiets) ammo. I have never seen it before. The boxes looked old. I would have grabbed some buy he wanted $65 a brick.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you want them, buy them when you see them. CCI only runs 1 batch a year of these.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    At those prices, you would think CCI would run a couple more batches.

I saw CCI Mini-Mags at the show, but they were $10 per 100. I could get them cheaper at Cabela's in Delaware.

Now that everyone is getting into the NFA suppressor market, they are finding that the Quiets aren't working with the semi auto firearms. The Suppressor rounds are just perfect for their namesake. I would think that CCI will either double their output or set up a second run later in the year. I've talked to them about this issue and they are aware of it but when we talked, they were working 7 days a week on just supplying regular 22lr ammo. Hopefully, if the demand is lowered, they can get back to making more of the specialty ammo. :fingerscrossed:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Now that everyone is getting into the NFA suppressor market, they are finding that the Quiets aren't working with the semi auto firearms. The Suppressor rounds are just perfect for their namesake. I would think that CCI will either double their output or set up a second run later in the year. I've talked to them about this issue and they are aware of it but when we talked, they were working 7 days a week on just supplying regular 22lr ammo. Hopefully, if the demand is lowered, they can get back to making more of the specialty ammo. :fingerscrossed:

Screw that. I don't want demand for 22lr to lessen. If anything, I want it to increase because more and more new shooters, especially kids, are getting into the sport/hobby of shooting and hunting. I want 22lr demand to quadruple such that the manufacturers understand that demand is here to stay and they need to up production to take advantage of the demand before other competitors get into the market.

Now, as far as the quiets not working in a suppressor, that sucks.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was stocking up on Gemtech Subs for quite a bit less than that, so I passed. But, I didn't realize they were 45 grain. The Gemtechs are 42 and 1050 are shoot very well out of everything. Yes I know they are made by CCI.
    I am ripe with 22 subs and SV.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Curious about TomKat. I heard he had a license to sell powder in MD but his stock was owned by an out of state vendor ... also at the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom