What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    A few 6.5 creed. 120 and 130 grain Sierra's.. Reloader 17 has been doing really well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      53.8 KB · Views: 343

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Do you chrono those? If so what kind of SD’s are you getting with RL17? I’ve read some good things and I’m considering it as a backup for H4350.

I have but unfortunately all my info is at my camp in Pa where I do all my testing. I just hate dragging the stuff back n forth. I test so much stuff over the summer it gets mind boggling. I usually load all test stuff right at range. I know the 120 grain load wreaks havoc on the whitetails. I'll be going up in a few weeks and will get my notes.

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    I loaded a little over 300 rounds of 9mm on my Lee Turret press. As I finish a bullet and check it with the cartridge gauge I just put the bullets loose in a box until I'm done and then I put them in empty ammo boxes and mark them. I accidentally seated the bullet in 4 rounds with no powder after I had about 250 rounds done. So the 4 rounds with no powder were mixed in with 250 identical looking cartridges in the box. First time I've ever done that. I panicked for a minute but then I figured the ones with no powder would be about 6 grains lighter than the ones with powder. I went thru about 50 before I found the 4 light ones, they weighed about 185gr and all the others were around 191gr. Disaster prevented!!

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Cleaned up the bench. Counted brass for the brass trade thread. Tumbled some 223 starting to get low and looked up data on reloading for Beowulf , going to start loading soon as I get the dies,bullets and brass.
    Oh put in new heater it was cold in the reloading room.

HWB3

Jan 18, 2017
    Ellicott City
    Trimmed a couple of hundred .223 cases and starting to wet tumble with SS pins instead of vibrate with walnut media. We'll see how it works out.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not a damned thing. Unless I know there's going to be a range trip in the immediate future, it's pretty easy to just let everything sit on standby.

I could finish up another batch of brass for the .260, but there's no rush.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Built new mount plate for press and mounted vise to the corner. Tumbled some brass and will start filling ammo can tomorrow

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    60 30-06
    Finished off the Honady pills then used some 147gr pills I got on sale at wideners early last year $89/500

Pictured are the last 10
    d7ddd434a57a36c152279ce4457d63e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Pup up 2 new 4’ LED Lights...Now I can see all the steel pins and old primers on the floor.

Also cleaned an prepped a but load of 300 blackout cases. Picked up 1000 Ranier 180gr plated hollow points on sales and looking to test them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Annealed about 250 pieces of 300 BLK brass in my home made annealer and neck turned 100

Hey post a pick of that Annealer. I’m getting sort of tired of burning my fingertips.

Also I’ve read that 300 B/O brass isn’t really prone to cracking like other large shoulder cases. I’m usually only loading subsonic rounds and I never considered that I would have to anneal them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Major03

Ultimate Member
    I do it less for preserving case life and more for consistent neck tension. Probably less of a problem with non converted brass / manufactured brass.

That said, if I can get longer case life bonus! Maybe it would help with supers? And I figure the brass gets worked pretty good when you chop it down and reform it.

Plus with the machine it’s not a big hassle. Just switch out a few pieces and go from .223 to .308 to 30’06 to 300 BLK

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Made a trip to Shyda's last Saturday in between daughters Field Hockey games..., 5000 of this 5000 of that, lbs of other stuff until the cash ran out. Cash prices paid for the gas to/ from FH location. Great service at Shydas, walk up to the counter with list, tell the man what you want, pay the man, browse used guns and magazine supply, then meet the man at the warehouse door, they help load into truck, drive away with lead induced smoother ride. Only missed first minute of third game of six for the day; got in two naps as well and her team qualified for NITs; good day!

After we get back from for her FH in FL(Merica) , I'll resume 3 boxes every night, mostly #8's, some #7.5s, and some #9's. Will take a break once a week and load up a couple hundred 40s for IDPA. Need to clean up bench for a picture...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom