• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    For the life of me, I just don't see the allure of Baltimore City living.

Me either.
    I showed a crummy 1 BR apartment in Fed Hill a couple weeks ago. $1500/month and couldn't park anywhere near it. I had to park on Cross street, at a meter, and walk about 3 blocks.
    Screw that. You couldn't pay me to live in Baltimore, for many reasons.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    My daughter lived in a few areas in the city. She had enough and she moved to Aurora Colorado. I wish she stayed but she had a job offer she couldn't refuse.

Because Colorado is so safe these days. There are idiots everywhere. The city has a lot of good, a lot of energy, excitement, things to do and vibrancy. If none of that interests you, stay in Ceciltucky then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Because Colorado is so safe these days. There are idiots everywhere. The city has a lot of good, a lot of energy, excitement, things to do and vibrancy. If none of that interests you, stay in Ceciltucky then.

Did I hit a nerve? She can ride light rail anywhere in the Denver area without fear. Try that in Baltimore City. She buried 2 friends who lived or worked in Baltimore City. Both decent people, both killed for just being in the city. Walking home from work should not get you killed. The other was working, but unfortunately walked outside to take a call from his wife. Both gunned down by city youth that I guess pick their own mayor sanctioned time and place to destroy.

My youngest son was with a group of people that had some crazy city resident in Fells Point pull a machete on them. If it weren't for a women who gathered them into her house and out the other door, who knows what would have happened.

But you have fun in your vibrant (crime filled) city.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    But you have fun in your vibrant (crime filled) city.

I will, thanks. You may want to pick up a newspaper, by the way. There was *another* shooting in Colorado. Guess you “overlooked” that. As I said, there’s crime everywhere. I’m not saying the city doesn’t have crime problems. It does. Big ones. But let’s not get all high and mighty from atop the manure pile as if the sticks are perfect.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I had 2 of my kids move into the city after college. My oldest went into Canton at the height of the Canton coolness movement. He stayed for 1 year and got out.

My daughter lived in a few areas in the city. She had enough and she moved to Aurora Colorado. I wish she stayed but she had a job offer she couldn't refuse.

Same here. Daughter and her now husband moved into Canton. Friend murdered walking home from work was the last straw. We miss them, but they left and didn't stop until they got to North Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom