• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    Just received my reminder in the mail.

November 4 & 5, Show Place Arena, Upper Marlboro (Rt. 4 & 301)
    (over 400 tables).

November 11 & 12, E-Ventplex at Frederick Fairgrounds, Frederick (Exits 55 & 56 of I-70) (400 tables).

Admission is $7

www.Silveradogunshow.com

Matt

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'll probably go to the PG one next weekend just to see what's going on. Not anything right now I need, other than ammo, and the prices at the last few shows on ammo have been pretty steep.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    York is this weekend.

I'm heading up Sunday to get some Colt 32 rds mags for the 9mm AR's and some Glock 33 rd 9mm mags.

the prices at the last few shows on ammo have been pretty steep

Ammo prices are going up all over the place. You think it's high now wait until after the New Year. ATK is talking atleast a 10% increase.

These are the good old days, buy it now, it aint getting cheaper

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    JeepDriver said:
    York is this weekend.

I'm heading up Sunday to get some Colt 32 rds mags for the 9mm AR's and some Glock 33 rd 9mm mags.

Ammo prices are going up all over the place. You think it's high now wait until after the New Year. ATK is talking atleast a 10% increase.

These are the good old days, buy it now, it aint getting cheaper

Hmmmm.....I have to be in Towson tomorrow afternoon.....

How is that York show?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    if anyone goes on the 4th, can you let me know if they have any deals on reloading components(particularly .38spl/.357mag stuff)

after the last silverado show, i was pretty disappointed in the junk they had there.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    IDriveB5 said:
    if anyone goes on the 4th, can you let me know if they have any deals on reloading components(particularly .38spl/.357mag stuff)

after the last silverado show, i was pretty disappointed in the junk they had there.
    I was disapointed. They had probably half the tables as they had the first time I went to the PG show five years ago or so. The prices on everything I looked at has gone through the roof in the past two years and the selection of cheap milsurp was almost non-existent. Ammo is much more expensive, but that is everywhere and not just the gun show I hear.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I was disapointed. They had probably half the tables as they had the first time I went to the PG show five years ago or so. The prices on everything I looked at has gone through the roof in the past two years and the selection of cheap milsurp was almost non-existent. Ammo is much more expensive, but that is everywhere and not just the gun show I hear.

I couldn't agree more. I eneded up buying exactly $25 worth of ammo (100 rounds of 45ACP and 10 rounds of 00 buckshot.)

I went there WANTING to spend a few hundred dollars but couldn't find ANYTHING worth buying. I ended up donated $17 to MCSM since Bob Culver works so hard fighting the good fight.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you're looking for rifle ammo.....don't hold your breath. The last 500 rounds of 7.62 NATO walked out of the door as did the last case of 55gr 5.56mm. There was a little Radway left but I bet it's gone too.

I made out OK because I got there early, but I wouldn't bet on there being anything worth buying tomorrow.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Sorry to say folks, "Gun Shows are well on there way to non-existance". Entry Fees $7 to $10, Vendors having to pay $50 to $100 a Table, so called Wholesale Prices going through the roof. Bottom Line, Gun Ownership & Shooting Sports will be reserved for the Wealthy only:mad54: A Conspiracy here?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Gun shows are probably just another victim of e-commerce.

Same with computer shows.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I would have to say K31's opinion is pretty accurate. Just about anything can be had via onilne vendors quickly, conveniently and usually at a much better price. Must be great for the shipping industry.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I guess I'm pretty old fashoined when it comes to purchases. I like shows because I can actually see things instead of just pictures. I like finding a few "needle in the haystack" deals (got my first .22 rifle like that....$90 and it it's been a great gun.)

I do buy a few things online, but not much.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Spot77 said:
    I guess I'm pretty old fashoined when it comes to purchases. I like shows because I can actually see things instead of just pictures. I like finding a few "needle in the haystack" deals (got my first .22 rifle like that....$90 and it it's been a great gun.)

I do buy a few things online, but not much.
    I agree.

There are still garage sales and flea markets around despite Ebay so I don't think gun shows will totally disappear either.
    I also can see there still being a market for the gun shows in some areas of the country because it is a pain in the ass to buy guns accross state lines and gun shops may be sparse there. But for Maryland I guess this is the writing on the wall for gun shows. After all with the bogus seven day wait law for handguns, people have to drive all the way to the person's gun shop after the show anyway so there isn't much advantage of going to a show for handguns IMO. The only good thing about going for handguns is being able to see the wide variety and be able to hold a bunch of different handguns and to shop around.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Dont get me wrong, I would love to not have to order anything from the internet, I like the idea of supporting local shops and when their prices arent too terribly overpriced, I go that route. This works out well with reloading components like powder and primers.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Powder Maryland pretty much forces you to buy locally because of the (stupid and dangerous) limitation of 5 pounds of BP and smokeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom