Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rimfire
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 30th, 2015, 01:16 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrumann59 View Post
I own the HK version, I am the second owner. I have about 5000 rounds through mine. It is a fun gun, its one of those you take out to plink with and have fun and are not doing anything too serious. If you get eh one with the collapsible stock it definitely is not a training gun due to inconsistent cheek weld. But fun factor I give it 8.5 out of 10. Field striping is not too bad pretty much tool-less on the HK one.
The A2 fixed stock is currently available at hkparts.net. A cheaper rail to mount a red dot sight can be had. I used the one for the airsoft mp5.

Like the 9mm mp5 the Walther HK mp5 has just 2 pushpins to separate the lower from the rest of the rifle. Can't be that hard to take apart right? As for cleaning I just use CLP to clean the gun and use the bore snake to clean the barrel.

If you go the GSG route you can replace the screws with the pushpins except for the one at the end cap would require a little modification. These are also available at the same site.

Of course my rifle was purchased through an IP.
md_al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 10:53 AM #22
gun loving fanatic

gun loving fanatic

I own the H&K version mp5 that was made by walther. I love it! It is so accurate and fun to shoot. Well worth the money. Im actually looking for a 2nd one.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY SIX"
thegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 04:05 PM #23

The stock that I got from HK parts.net was not a perfect fit but nothing me and my drill could not fix.
I wonder if I can remove the fake silencer, shorten the barrel and have it rethreaded. Then have a cleanable silencer pinned to it so it won't be a sbr.

I saw a thread about the $100 silencer by Weber here in MDshooters and AR15.com.
md_al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 04:29 PM #24

Quote:
I wonder if I can remove the fake silencer, shorten the barrel and have it rethreaded. Then have a cleanable silencer pinned to it so it won't be a sbr.
Sounds like a good idea. I've been wanting to SBR/suppress mine but, that sounds even better. One less stamp to buy.
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 08:58 AM #25
Get a Rhythym

Get a Rhythym

Does anyone know what the difference is between the GSG version and the Walther MP-5 22 ? Is there really a build/quality difference. I see the Walther (Sold as HK, in HK Box) is hard to find and some sites claim it no longer exists. I also see this version selling for $600-$1000 on GB. Any Ideas ?
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
George Washington
jr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 10:14 AM #26
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr88 View Post
Does anyone know what the difference is between the GSG version and the Walther MP-5 22 ? Is there really a build/quality difference. I see the Walther (Sold as HK, in HK Box) is hard to find and some sites claim it no longer exists. I also see this version selling for $600-$1000 on GB. Any Ideas ?
The GSG can be finicky on ammo. It will cycle CCI Mini Mags pretty good. THe H&K one made by Walther will pretty much cycle anything. I have cycled Remington, Winchester, and cci. Also the GSG is different enough that many of the H&K parts may not work.

The H&K one going for over $500 is retarded. I paid $400 for one from a member here.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst.../HK%20MP5%2022
jrumann59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 10:15 AM #27
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider58 View Post
Sounds like a good idea. I've been wanting to SBR/suppress mine but, that sounds even better. One less stamp to buy.
Even the H&K one has pot metal for the barrel.
jrumann59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 11:38 AM #28
Get a Rhythym

Get a Rhythym

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrumann59 View Post
The GSG can be finicky on ammo. It will cycle CCI Mini Mags pretty good. THe H&K one made by Walther will pretty much cycle anything. I have cycled Remington, Winchester, and cci. Also the GSG is different enough that many of the H&K parts may not work.

The H&K one going for over $500 is retarded. I paid $400 for one from a member here.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst.../HK%20MP5%2022
That link shows it is no longer available as do most sites. Atlantic claims they may come back in stock. The last 3 sold on GB were over 1K. Here is one of them https://www.gunbroker.com/item/775779625

Guess there are a lot of HK Fans paying for these.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
George Washington
Old July 4th, 2018, 11:43 AM #29

I think I paid around $600(?) for mine four years ago. It wasn't worth that, 1K-no way!
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:05 PM #30
Get a Rhythym

Get a Rhythym

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider58 View Post
I think I paid around $600(?) for mine four years ago. It wasn't worth that, 1K-no way!
Have you had any problems or do you just feel it isn't worth the money ? Looks like you can at least get your money back !
George Washington

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rimfire