• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    Hi all,

Going to get my first "First Focal Plane" optic, and I've narrowed it down to the Burris XTR 2 in 3 X 15 or the Sig Sauer Tango 4 in 4 X 16 (MOA reticles). I've also considered the Burris Veracity but would prefer exposed turrets. This scope is going on a 6.5-284 Norma (Savage 116 w/ 26" bbl). Which would you pick?

Thanks,

ST.243

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    Have you looked through both?

Nope. All I know is from the research I've done on Al Gore's amazing internet. I'd probably have to ride a way to get my hands on an example of either one of them. That said I have heard good things about the clarity on the Burris.

My application here is "long range" hunting. For me that's about 500-600 yards on the farms I have access to. Kinda wondering too if the Burris is really appropriate in this scenario. I have a couple of Vortex Viper HSTs that are OK but the clarity is less than desirable at distance. I'd go Nightforce but can't quite stomach the cost of admission.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nope. All I know is from the research I've done on Al Gore's amazing internet. I'd probably have to ride a way to get my hands on an example of either one of them. That said I have heard good things about the clarity on the Burris.

My application here is "long range" hunting. For me that's about 500-600 yards on the farms I have access to. Kinda wondering too if the Burris is really appropriate in this scenario. I have a couple of Vortex Viper HSTs that are OK but the clarity is less than desirable at distance. I'd go Nightforce but can't quite stomach the cost of admission.

Take the ride to see them, even if it's an hour or two each way. You can spend umpteen hours researching it to death online only to figure out after five minutes in person that you strongly prefer one over the other. Really sucks if you buy sight unseen and find out too late it's not what you expected.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    They come 1st and 2nd focal plane. And if you add the PST gen2 to the mix then that gets my vote.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    The PST's are first focal plane. I have a gen 1 on my long range Grendel build and I really like it. Here is a link to one on Midway USA

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/8...st-focal-illuminated-ebr-2c-moa-reticle-matte

OK, Thanks for the clarification on this and the link. I will definitely give them a look. I have a few Vortex scopes and they are a pretty good deal for the buck. Something about the Sig Tango 4 has me intrigued, however. They haven't been in the game very long, though. Decisions, decisions....

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I have a PST gen 2 2-25 on the way, I'm giddy. Alsocheck out the Nikon Black fx 1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom