• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I'm not sure if this is an old topic, I didn't find anything on it but does anyone own a Kel Teck SUB 2000?

I got a chance to fire one off today and I was pretty happy with it. Its light and accurate. I know there is alot of talk about the Beretta CX4 Storm but its more $$.

If you own one of have some experience with it please let me know before I decide if its something worth investing.

Cheers

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I'm not sure if this is an old topic, I didn't find anything on it but does anyone own a Kel Teck SUB 2000?

I got a chance to fire one off today and I was pretty happy with it. Its light and accurate. I know there is alot of talk about the Beretta CX4 Storm but its more $$.

If you own one of have some experience with it please let me know before I decide if its something worth investing.

Cheers

liked the looks and idea but never knew anyone that had or shot one

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I shot a 9mm years ago and loved it. The only thing I didn't care for at the time was the sights.

It handled well and was pretty accurate.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I have one in 9mm, very accurate and light weight. If I had my choice between the two it would have to go to the CX4, but over all the 2000 is not bad for the money.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    never shot one.. but the local shop i go to had one on the floor. i thought it would be cool little beater 9mm carbine type thing and its magazine fed like a handgun so its pretty good for say... a SHTF situation or survival gun if you want somthing compact.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    cool little beater 9mm carbine type thing

How about these Hi-Point Carbines in 9mm and 40cal. Never liked the Kel-Tec with the folding firearm, but a Hi-point is a Hi-Point. For 200 bucks there is more and more upgrades coming everyday.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    How about these Hi-Point Carbines in 9mm and 40cal. Never liked the Kel-Tec with the folding firearm, but a Hi-point is a Hi-Point. For 200 bucks there is more and more upgrades coming everyday.

i never seen or handled a hi point carbine so i cant give you any info on those. ut $200 bucks you cant complain, BUT after seeing hi points line, i say they are butt f*** ugly. but then again a beater gun aint pretty:D

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    I have one in 9mm. Accurate and fun shooter. I've shot a CX4 but still like the sub200 more. Plus, who doesn't like a rifle you can fold in half?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    What I like that i'm hearing is that its all these carbines are not a piece of crap. As far at as the Kel Tec, I was afraid for the $$, it would be unreliable or inaccurate. I really like the idea of a folding rifle. I found it that its lite and easily mobile. I didn't get a chance to shoot on the go with it but being so light it was very easy to stay on target while on the go.

Does anyone know its accuracy from 25+ yrds?? I shot from 25, this one was a little high but headshots @ 25 yrs were not a problem.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT REPLIED!!! So far I like what I hear:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I bought one a couple weeks ago, glock mags. Havent had a chance to shoot it.

Overall feels cheap and the grip is uncomfortable and poorly molded (front will split apart if you dont tape it) but we will see how it does at the range. That said you cant find many weopons that are more handy.

Great to put in a short hardcase and keep in the back of the vehicle with a couple G17 mags.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom