• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The important part is that folks learn what's going on and get involved.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

The HQL requirements, particularly as implemented by the State Police, were intended to create as many obstacles to the purchase of a handgun as possible and thus effectively ration the exercise of constitutional rights to the few who have the substantial time, money, specialized knowledge and sheer determination to navigate all these roadblocks to the exercise of a constitutional right. That result is wrong and simply cannot be meekly accepted without a fight. That fight is now on.

This state legislature does not understand "Shall Not Be Infringed". To coin the progressive's phrase of Heller V DC, "“Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited." This phrase is very construed by all judges and surely did not get the correct interpretation mean by Scalia. Directly taken out of context.
    http://www.laconiadailysun.com/index.php/opinion/letters/67124-james-veverka-4-8-846

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A head scratcher, but there is no member requirement to read all threads.

If I did that I'd have no time to post. A good thing to some here, I'm sure.

To the OP's question, the F'ing law still works to the general intent. I have not and will not buy a handgun in Md since this took effect. There are many of us out there who feel this way. Most of us are biding our time for the the Exodus.

So there. One less schmo buying handguns in Md. A grand success for the Md antis. :cool:

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    It is all about having a registry to use for confiscation at a later date when they decide they can make ownership illegal and criminalize us all. Just look at the crap they are pulling in Commiefornia and Oregonistan! In the meantime, the fees and requirements are intended to make us give up the idea of being able to defend ourselves and rely on the state and it's agencies for protection. Most of the cops don't even know the laws anymore because they have become so ridiculous.

I refuse to get an HQL or make any more purchases in Maryland(last one was in the 1980's). This is why I got my C&R and use it to buy eligible weapons from out of state, or build what I can from 80% receivers. Wish I had a machine shop so I could build some from scratch.

All of the lobbying hasn't helped, IMO. Legislators in the People's Republic of Maryland do not listen with an open ear! Their minds are made up that they know best and our opinions do not matter. I have yet to find any liberal that has a functioning brain outside of the collective agenda.

I would leave this commie run state, but my kids are here.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It is all about having a registry to use for confiscation at a later date when they decide they can make ownership illegal and criminalize us all. Just look at the crap they are pulling in Commiefornia and Oregonistan! In the meantime, the fees and requirements are intended to make us give up the idea of being able to defend ourselves and rely on the state and it's agencies for protection. Most of the cops don't even know the laws anymore because they have become so ridiculous.

I refuse to get an HQL or make any more purchases in Maryland(last one was in the 1980's). This is why I got my C&R and use it to buy eligible weapons from out of state, or build what I can from 80% receivers. Wish I had a machine shop so I could build some from scratch.

All of the lobbying hasn't helped, IMO. Legislators in the People's Republic of Maryland do not listen with an open ear! Their minds are made up that they know best and our opinions do not matter. I have yet to find any liberal that has a functioning brain outside of the collective agenda.

I would leave this commie run state, but my kids are here.

The lobbying/activism/involvement/outreach of your peers and members here and their predecessors is exactly why MD is not NY, CA, HI, NJ, or D.C.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    This state legislature does not understand "Shall Not Be Infringed". To coin the progressive's phrase of Heller V DC, "“Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited." This phrase is very construed by all judges and surely did not get the correct interpretation mean by Scalia. Directly taken out of context.
    http://www.laconiadailysun.com/index.php/opinion/letters/67124-james-veverka-4-8-846

Wrong! They fully understand, they just don't give a f*ck because they know that the Demonrat-stacked federal courts will let them get away with it, at least for a decade or so until something percolates up to SCOTUS. And even there, our record hasn't been getting much traction lately.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I totally agree with this statement. It has been my experience that people that aren't members of this forum have no idea how restrictive gun laws became via FSA 2013. Believe it, or not, most people do not put the focus of their time on Annapolis, Baltimore crime or MD gun laws.

True dat. I have family that live in MD that ask me what the rules are. They consider me a gun nut, but don't realize how the rules have changed since I escaped. Unfortunately these folks wake up one or two at a time and you never have the masses you need to vote those turkeys out.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    "But it would have been Worse, way way Worse ! " is hard to visualize absent observing the process first hand .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Wrong! They fully understand, they just don't give a f*ck because they know that the Demonrat-stacked federal courts will let them get away with it, at least for a decade or so until something percolates up to SCOTUS. And even there, our record hasn't been getting much traction lately.

THIS ^

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It is all about having a registry to use for confiscation at a later date when they decide they can make ownership illegal and criminalize us all.

EVERY handgun or regulated long gun you have legally purchased since Oct 1996 is in their files already.

And any handgun or regulated long gun that you purchased from a dealer since the 70s is in their files.

HQL does not provide them with an additional info.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Donate today online, or in person at the HoCo gunshow this weekend .

Easier said than done. I used to just w/o any hoopla or joining up while attending gunshots. I have not been to a gun show in over 3 years because they flat out suck anymore.
    Several months ago I clicked into MSI with the intention of making a donation but could not find a way to do it w/o joining. I left a comment somewhere and got an email back from someone with a link telling me I could donate there. Well, after getting nowhere on that link I finally gave up.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I can legally fly an experimental helicopter without a rotorcraft endorsement. Just a bit of more bureaucratic wonderment for ya..

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can legally fly an experimental helicopter without a rotorcraft endorsement. Just a bit of more bureaucratic wonderment for ya..

You can leagally build a pistol without an HQL or registering it.

At least if you want to go there.

That doesn't mean an HQL isn't still shit (double negative for the win).

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    The HQL should be challenged on the grounds of being a discriminatory policy. How is a person of limited financial means (i.e. poor people) supposed to afford a training class, fingerprinting, and the $50 HQL Fee?!? I'm surprised some Libtard hasn't come out to decry the oppression of the 2A rights of Maryland's poor! (Said with heavy sarcasm.)

I was just in my LGS a couple months ago to get some sights put on when someone came in saying they bought a handgun online from a gun shop in Nevada, and they needed it shipped to an FFL. After the proprietor explained what he needed in order to contact the Nevada store to arrange shipment, he asked the gentleman, "Do you have an HQL"? The gentleman replied, "What's an HQL?" And so it goes.....

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    AHA. and 417 posts since 2006! Explanation not required.

uhh not really. I have less posts (yes and 4 less years) and haven't bought a handgun in over 5 years but I knew about this BS law . Post count and join date only tell you if they are heavily active on the site as far as posting, not if they lurk a lot or visit a lot, etc.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The HQL should be challenged on the grounds of being a discriminatory policy. How is a person of limited financial means (i.e. poor people) supposed to afford a training class, fingerprinting, and the $50 HQL Fee?!? I'm surprised some Libtard hasn't come out to decry the oppression of the 2A rights of Maryland's poor! (Said with heavy sarcasm.)

I was just in my LGS a couple months ago to get some sights put on when someone came in saying they bought a handgun online from a gun shop in Nevada, and they needed it shipped to an FFL. After the proprietor explained what he needed in order to contact the Nevada store to arrange shipment, he asked the gentleman, "Do you have an HQL"? The gentleman replied, "What's an HQL?" And so it goes.....

Yes, that is actually part of the lawsuit as well.

Ignore the cost for a second. If you are poor, try having to catch the bus or a taxi to someplace to take the class and home. Some place to get fingerprinted and home. Those are additional burdens as well (and costs).

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Several months ago I clicked into MSI with the intention of making a donation but could not find a way to do it w/o joining. I left a comment somewhere and got an email back from someone with a link telling me I could donate there. Well, after getting nowhere on that link I finally gave up.

That was most likely me that responded to you. I don't recall ever receiving any communication back from you once I sent you the link. For you, and anybody else that wants to, here is a simple paypal link that you can donate to MSI from. You are not required to have a paypal account to use this.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=NCXPRJPXNAG7S

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I totally agree with this statement. It has been my experience that people that aren't members of this forum or MSI have no idea how restrictive gun laws became via FSA 2013. Believe it, or not, most people do not put the focus of their time on Annapolis, Baltimore crime or MD gun laws.

I just HAD to fix it. Our universe is larger than just this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom