• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I wonder what they would do if the word "gun" was replaced with "dog". The state can take your dog without due process if anybody alleges you aren't nice to it. I bet the citizens would freak the F out.

Well, do you remember all the stink that various groups put up when different cities have tried to ban the ownership of various "dangerous" dog breeds? I am worried more about a run of the mill pitbull sitting in my living room than I am any gun sitting in my living room. Because to the best of my knowledge, a gun has never just gone off and attacked someone.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Well, do you remember all the stink that various groups put up when different cities have tried to ban the ownership of various "dangerous" dog breeds? I am worried more about a run of the mill pitbull sitting in my living room than I am any gun sitting in my living room. Because to the best of my knowledge, a gun has never just gone off and attacked someone.

Bears! Do not forget about the bears!

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/0...ing-house-poops-in-living-room/6251500468837/

May 13, 2005
    Confiscation in Oregon? Lol.. While heavily liberal and progressive in many ways, there are some pretty serious well prepared, anti-tyranny preppers there in significant numbers who are interconnected to each other in the region, and all over the NW in general. Probably more so than any other part of the country, even TX. One can only hope the LEOs who are sent to unconstitutionally confiscate have some common sense not to follow stupid orders, but since a significant part of those LEOs are part of the well connected prepping community, I see this going nowhere fast lol.

However, pick a different state in another part of the country closer to home and you will have a whole other story.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Isn't this the current law in Maryland with protective orders?

I believe so, but in MD (IIRC) the burden of proof for violence (photos, eye witness testimony) is on the person seeking the order. So at least there is a minimum of due process (arguable, I know).

Reading the OP article, I did not get the impression that will be the case in Oregon.

(I'm not a lawyer and have no experience in protective orders, so my observations might be way off...)

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am not happy that the gov is going to sign it. Was giving serious thought that it would be a good place to move back to. I lived in Oregon in The Dalles area back in 97. My aunt and uncle live their still. If that does happen strike Oregon off the list but ID or MT would be good. I have a first cousin who lives in ID and distant kin in MT as well.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I believe so, but in MD (IIRC) the burden of proof for violence (photos, eye witness testimony) is on the person seeking the order. So at least there is a minimum of due process (arguable, I know).

Reading the OP article, I did not get the impression that will be the case in Oregon.

(I'm not a lawyer and have no experience in protective orders, so my observations might be way off...)

In temporary orders, proof is minimal. The aggrieved party might not even be there. Can a practicing lawyer offer input?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    In temporary orders, proof is minimal. The aggrieved party might not even be there. Can a practicing lawyer offer input?

The governor, the courts nor the lawyers sign away a protected right, that's is all Ten Bill or Rights. TRO's the same thing. All of them are illegal orders. The Only way is too understand "We Will Not Comply" with illegal orders. That goes for TRO also.
    2nd A shall not be infringed.
    5th A It also requires that “due process of law” be part of any proceeding that denies a citizen “life, liberty or property” and requires the government to compensate citizens when it takes private property

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I'll see your 2nd and 5th Amendments and raise you a 9th Circuit Court.

Bill of Rights and US Constitution is 'trump'. 9th circus is null.
    Founders are clear that judicial review with state and federal laws are limited by Bill of Rights.
    Those authority's can't take away or give any right (John Locke) that is "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..." ie Fundamentally natural rights are not owned by the governments, Only God. Our Creator.

---Check mate!---

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Bill of Rights and US Constitution is 'trump'. 9th circus is null.
    Founders are clear that judicial review with state and federal laws are limited by Bill of Rights.
    Those authority's can't take away or give any right (John Locke) that is "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..." ie Fundamentally natural rights are not owned by the governments, Only God. Our Creator.

---Check mate!---

Have you been watching the news for the last 8 years?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Have you been watching the news for the last 8 years?

Yes. So the news media is sometimes fake too. None of us can change natural rights. Obey Gods laws not mans law. How many men in the Bible were obedient to God? Yea we all make mistakes and sin, but that is another story. John Locke and Federalist papers are the guidance.

Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (1 Cranch) 137 (1803). Marbury was the first Supreme Court decision to strike down an act of Congress as unconstitutional
    :thumbsup:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Oregon Gov. Kate Brown is a shrieking, hysterical Libtard who constantly refers to her homosexuality as a primary influence in her decisions.

Here in Maryland we now have candidate-for-governor and gun-hater Richard Madeleno, a MD State Senator from MoCo, who publicizes in his gayness as his Number One attribute for running for office.

Both Brown and Madeleno are virulent gun community Haters and navigate by hysteria. Gov. Brown's rants during the negotiations to end the Bundy Bird Sanctuary standoff pressured authorities into the takedown that resulted in the shooting death of LeVoy Finnicum.

Brown in OR (and Madeleno here in MD) are willing to go Gestapo to achieve their goals to collect all the guns.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm sure the AG, and some other general assembly members even have a list of those who need their firearms confiscated.

You mean every gun owner in the State that's not a Dem in the GA.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom