• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    or as some have done, taking possession outside of Maryland.

Well, yes. I just meant that I am sure it was specific so there couldn't be anything like your friend going and picking it up for you and driving it to you or something.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Is that a flat out lie?

As in was she lying? Yes. So MDPS has a record of a rifle some guy bought back in 1950? BS. Has a record of face-to-face transactions? BS.

They likely don't have a record of anything that wasn't transferred on a 77r. 4423 sales does not go to MDSP, it is an FBI background check only in Maryland and the FBI does not share that info, nor do they keep permanent records

Only one who had those records are the FFL you purchased the firearm from.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    As in was she lying? Yes. So MDPS has a record of a rifle some guy bought back in 1950? BS. Has a record of face-to-face transactions? BS.

They likely don't have a record of anything that wasn't transferred on a 77r. 4423 sales does not go to MDSP, it is an FBI background check only in Maryland and the FBI does not share that info, nor do they keep permanent records

Only one who had those records are the FFL you purchased the firearm from.
    Adding, the NICS check done by FFL contains no information about weapon, only buyers identification information. Weapon data is on form 4473 held only by FFL unless ATF request data do to some exceptional circumstance. Even in State compliance check of FFL, those forms are never checked.

Last edited by a moderator:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• nics1.jpg
      nics1.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 309
    • nics2.jpg
      nics2.jpg
      30.8 KB · Views: 311

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    This is quite the grey area - two MD residents going out of state to transfer a c&r handgun to the ffl03 holder.

Some here have done just that while others of us are a little bit scareeeddd to do it.

There's lots of posts and threads here on both sides.
    I agree, and would not do it. Buy the same handgun from someone out of state or if you want the in state handgun go to MSP to do a transfer.

nb4602

nb405
    Feb 28, 2013
    Rosedale
    MSP would be the worst to ask if your looking for a correct answer regarding firearms . I've done quite a few transfers at Kelso Drive and seem to get conflicting info depending on what day it is . The best one was a gentlemen from MDS and I did the paperwork to trade hand guns . When we finished and the Trooper verified the SER and Models he said " Ok guys , your free to exchange them now ". Yeap.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    She's quite the comedian.

I think this is particularly funny:

Well should did ask me to call back with a serial number to make sure it wasn't a regulated firearm or to see if it had been registered. This is a Mosin we're talking about.

She sounds like one of those anti-gun, "civilians should not own guns," "I am the only one in this room qualified to have this gun" types.

She's on a mission to get you to get rid of all those scary guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom