• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    More good news about the Hearing Protection Act (HPA):
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2017-06-17&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

asa_edu_map_021216.jpg

The HPA is now attached to a bill that has more likelihood of passing with wording that makes even the ATF happy (because the ASA jointly worded it with the ATF). This will not legalize silencers nation-wide, but any state where they are currently legal, it will treat them like a traditional firearm. Do a simply 4473 NICS background check, pass, and take it home the same day.

The HPA has quietly had a lot of support up until this point from our legislators and the general public. The ASA cited that:

The Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 367, S. 59) remains in the Top 10 most viewed bills at Congress.gov. In fact, it currently sits at #2.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The Hearing Protection Act has reportedly been attached to the SHARE Act. The SHARE Act addresses a wide range range of topics, which makes it an omnibus bill.

Some of the topics covered:

Fishing Protection
    Target Practice
    Self-defense on recreational lands
    Recreational fishing, hunting and shooting.
    Farmer and hunter protection
    Migratory game birds
    Archery
    Interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition
    The act also protects shotguns, shotgun shells, and large caliber rifles from arbitrary classification as “destructive devices'”

The SHARE is maybe the largest piece of legislation to address sportsmen since the Federal Firearms Act of 1968. It would potentially undo decades of anti-gun laws and agendas.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This is (was) good news except that the hearings were cancelled (they were supposed to be the day of the Baseball practice shooting), and have not been rescheduled.

In light of the shooting, I'd like this rescheduled with reciprocity included.

No one should allow their rep to vote themselves more security until residents and constituents are taken care of first.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    12 JUN 2017
    The SHARE Act
    BY HERSCHEL SMITH
    4 days, 16 hours ago
    Politico:

Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.) included the silencer provision as part of a broader bill, the “Sportsmen Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act,” or SHARE Act. There are several gun-related items in the package, including the silencer language. A “discussion draft” of SHARE Act will be reviewed by a House Natural Resources subcommittee on Wednesday.

An interesting reddit discussion on this can he found here, and the American Suppressor Association has a summary of the bill here.

I don’t like that suppressors will be treated as long guns, taxed, and form 4473 completed. For God’s sake, people, this is a threaded tube with baffles. But I’ll admit that it will make this easier to pass, there will be no waiting period, no ATF review, and suppressors will be removed from the NFA items list. And if we believe in incrementalism, we should support this bill.

Firearms,Guns Tags: SHARE Act —

Comments

On June 13, 2017 at 11:26 am, Archer said:

And if we believe in incrementalism, we should support this bill.

Whether we believe in incrementalism or not, it certainly believes in us.

Incrementalism is how we got in the freedom-limiting, rights-denying mess we’re in, and it’s unlikely we’ll get out in one leap. I for one will take any advancement we can get for now, and come back for more later.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    An incremental victory is how we get to where we need to be. It is time we started fighting like democrats and thinking about the long game. Small victories will eventually get us our rights back.

silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    This is (was) good news except that the hearings were cancelled (they were supposed to be the day of the Baseball practice shooting), and have not been rescheduled.

In light of the shooting, I'd like this rescheduled with reciprocity included.

No one should allow their rep to vote themselves more security until residents and constituents are taken care of first.
    Agree! But I do wonder if they ever care to take care of their consitutents and residents first before themselves. :innocent0

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Four Dem. Cosponsors so far. I hope this gets to the floor. I would write my congressman but for him being in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound. It seems a little uncouth to write him for anything other than best wishes for recovery.

I think his staff is opening his mail right now.

Write your congressman and make your opinion known to him and his staff.

Good on you for contemplating doing it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Four Dem. Cosponsors so far. I hope this gets to the floor. I would write my congressman but for him being in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound. It seems a little uncouth to write him for anything other than best wishes for recovery.

I think his staff is opening his mail right now.

Write your congressman and make your opinion known to him and his staff.

Good on you for contemplating doing it.

Nod. Will do.

Geez. Yes. If you like him, wish him well, but in any case feel free to continue to voice your opinion; as iHDLz stated, it's his staff that's carrying the water right now, and we need every vote we can get to have this pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom