• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not an SBS when built upon a virgin PGO platform. Ability to use different pistol grips is mostly a moot point, as a " witness protection style" grip is by far the best for actually shooting it. The 16.1in bbl is primarily for the Md Transport regs.

( If one were to install a buttstock, or build it upon a donor platform that ever had worn a buttstock, then NFA would apply.)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As far as I know, Mossberg , nor any other US centric mfg makes a 16in shotgun bbl. But if it is being cut anyway, you can start with any length donor bbl.

That particular shape of pgo became generally known as "witness protection" from the guns used by US Marshalls starting circa late '70s . Go back to the '30s ( '20s ? ) and it was generally known "whippet style" . Look up Whippet Gun . It was a contemporary competitor of the Ithica Auto & Burglar , except based upon a 20ga Rem M31 pump .

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So I heard the ribbing about these being illegal in TX, and they actually are.

BUT, here we actually get sh1t done with the 2a. Within a months of the gun's release the governor heard all the complaints and nearly immediately(for government anyway) signed an amendment which will go into effect Sep1 just to make this gun legal.

Good luck getting something like that to happen in MD for the 2a. More likely the opposite would happen

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/chris-heuss/texas-hb-1819-85r/

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Same crap as with the "Mares Leg". It's actually a rifle but sold as a pistol. Total BS. Just checked with BUD'S and they show "will not ship to MD". Gotta move to Free America soon!!

It wasn't on the approved handgun list until just recent. I got mine a few months ago for $354 + tax and stuff.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Just came back from Antietam Firearms. They had ONE which they said was a custom model. Sort of a stainless body with all the rest black. Price was OVER $500!! Have to keep looking!

I want one (no idea why), but I have decided to wait until after the initial rush is over before going to look for one. Maybe by then the urge will pass, I dunno.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I want one (no idea why), but I have decided to wait until after the initial rush is over before going to look for one. Maybe by then the urge will pass, I dunno.

That's how I was with the ksg. Wanted one bad, waited til prices came down, when they did come down I was not interested anymore :shrug:

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I heard that MSP won't let FFL dealers release to anyone because there isn't a Maryland approved handgun lock for these yet. Gotta love Maryland! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom