• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Anybody see the new letter from the ATF to SB Tactical that says that incidentally, occasionally, or something to that effect, shouldering a Sig Brace does not constitute a redesign as long as the Sig Brace has been installed per the directions, not modified, and it was not the installers intent to use the Sig Brace as a shoulder stock?

I have read snippets of the letter here and there on the internet, but I have not seen the actual letter. I have a request in to SB Tactical for a copy of the letter, but was wondering if anybody already had a copy of the letter.

If you have a copy and wouldn't mind sharing, can you attach it to a post on here as a pdf or e-mail a copy of it to me at fabsroman@aol.com. Thanks

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    There are a few threads on it already as well as youtube videos.

Believe it or not, I did a search on "Sig Brace" before starting this thread and found nothing. So, I started this thread. MacMoov was kind enough to link the threads that were already started on this and I was able to find a link in one of them to the actual letter I was looking for. Thanks.

Wish I could just close this thread, but that is up to the powers that be.

Powers that be, please close this thread.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    An interesting article in the July edition of the American Rifleman. The NRA, in the article says that this strictly applies to the SB Tactical-manufactured products only. It's on page 30, titled Fresh Air For SB Tactical.

If this is in fact the truth, this is not a free hall pass from the BATFE. This is just an understanding between the agency and SB Tactical.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    An interesting article in the July edition of the American Rifleman. The NRA, in the article says that this strictly applies to the SB Tactical-manufactured products only. It's on page 30, titled Fresh Air For SB Tactical.

If this is in fact the truth, this is not a free hall pass from the BATFE. This is just an understanding between the agency and SB Tactical.

I don't believe the writer for the NRA has it right.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-approves-shockwave-pistol-brace-shouldering/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...un-ever-made-just-thought-id-leave-this-here/

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Both articles report the SB Tactical is now legal and then a phone call from KAK to the ATF. Well, in my humble opinion, that phone call didn't take place. That phone call means absolutely nothing to me or a court of law.

My one and only question to all would be this. If these braces are now legal to inadvertently touch my shoulder, why didn't the BATF send out an Open Letter like they have in the past? The one and only letter by the BATFE is a letter addressing this matter with the understanding as to how it pertains to 1 specific company and their stabilizing brace.

IANAL, but until I see an Open Letter from the BATFE, I'm going to keep my braces off my shoulder 100% of the time.

I'm not trying to cause problems here, in fact I'm trying to prevent issues. I'd hate to see someone caught up in an issue with the BATFE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom