• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    There are youth bows from most of the major manufacturers that are very adjustable in draw length and weight. This is a really good way to go for a youth archer, as they are still growing and it will work for them as they grow and progress in archery. Even adults can shoot most of the youth bows when setup properly today.

Don't buy a bow for her that does not have a wide range of adjustment, as most standard bows are not that adjustable in length and weight... ;)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My daughter has a Matthew's Genesis.
    Good bow, I wanted a simple recurve though.
    Sales guy pushed my wife to buy the Genesis.

She got it Xmas when she was 9.
    I can tell you that it made no difference in her learning or here experience vs. spending half on a simple re curve. or another brand
    I did upgrade it with a whisker biscuit and tru glow sights, but that was more out of my tinkering than anything.
    The whisker bisquit helped alot in her not getting frustrated in the arrow falling off.

Anyone can say "buy the best" but if you don't know what her interest is, you may be wasting alot of $$
    IMO start with something simple until you see what interest she has.

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    My Daughter (10 YO but 5' tall and very thin) has been going to the range on youth days and using the bows there. I think they have Genesis minis. She love sit and has gotten so good she can shoot out the balloons on other peoples lanes with a single arrow. It really makes her sister mad. Anyway I think it's time to get her a bow of her own and with Christmas and her birthday coming up, I have an excuse to get her one. She has also expressed an interest in hunting. I didn't look at what lb draw the bow was that she was shooting.

I want a bow that will grow with her. I also want something she can hunt with, even if it's small game. Thanks.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    My Daughter (10 YO but 5' tall and very thin) has been going to the range on youth days and using the bows there. I think they have Genesis minis. She love sit and has gotten so good she can shoot out the balloons on other peoples lanes with a single arrow. It really makes her sister mad. Anyway I think it's time to get her a bow of her own and with Christmas and her birthday coming up, I have an excuse to get her one. She has also expressed an interest in hunting. I didn't look at what lb draw the bow was that she was shooting.

I want a bow that will grow with her. I also want something she can hunt with, even if it's small game. Thanks.

I have a very nice youth bow that I got for my son (11y.o.) last fall. Gave it to him for Xmas with new strings on it and he had outgrown it. PM me if you want pics or more info. I can take some pics tomorrow or this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom