• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    The NRA video calls for two things: 1) for politicians to allow the police to do their job; 2) for the truth to be known about what the Left is doing.

OMG! Scary stuff. The fake women's organization, the Left and agent provocateurs attack the video's content because the truth is a threat to them.

I don't know a lot about this guy, but I recently heard this with David Horowitz. The 90 seconds or so starting at about 56:00 applies.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?427125-2/interview-david-horowitz

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This ad scares the right people. I am all for it. If it scares you, it might be time for some introspection.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    They need to stop taking our money while preaching to us. We're already convinced/committed.

I'd prefer they take my money and preach to the other side. In an attempt to bring in fresh blood and fresh money.

Buy ads on the enemy channels. They can even use my money to sue those channels that refuse to run pro-gun ads.

Git widdit, NRA.

Yup. This add energises a base that already supports the 2a, but turns off anyone remotely sympathetic to left causes. Sooo, any Sanders supporter, BLM supporter, and even people just upset at govt.

With violence in the cities, skepticism of law enforcement from minorities, and anti-govt sentiments, it should be EASY to bring folks from the left over to the pro2a side right now. It's a wasted opportunity to ignore this and to just toss a ballsy chick saying things the right likes to hear.

I've had a LOT of lefty friends come to me interested in guns in the past year. Some are Baltimore residents fearful of the explosion in violence, some legitimately want a gun because they fear a "Trump police state" and suddenly understand why the 2a exists. We need to take advantage of this now, especially in md. The nation is more ready than ever for a national reciprocity bill if our side plays it right.

rockstarartist

I shoot like an android
    May 3, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Yup. This add energises a base that already supports the 2a, but turns off anyone remotely sympathetic to left causes. Sooo, any Sanders supporter, BLM supporter, and even people just upset at govt.

With violence in the cities, skepticism of law enforcement from minorities, and anti-govt sentiments, it should be EASY to bring folks from the left over to the pro2a side right now. It's a wasted opportunity to ignore this and to just toss a ballsy chick saying things the right likes to hear.

I've had a LOT of lefty friends come to me interested in guns in the past year. Some are Baltimore residents fearful of the explosion in violence, some legitimately want a gun because they fear a "Trump police state" and suddenly understand why the 2a exists. We need to take advantage of this now, especially in md. The nation is more ready than ever for a national reciprocity bill if our side plays it right.

Exactly Smokey. This needs to be looked at from a long game perspective.

I try and bring every one I can to the range, left/right, majority/minority, etc. My goal is to make firearm ownership a normalcy, so that it isn't even an issue at the political stage, and thereby we need not concern ourselves with having to defend our 2nd amendment rights.

Splitting lines, saying who can or can't own a firearm, pointing fingers, and being antagonistic doesn't help.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    ... But out of all our members I'm sure most have never needed to use their gun in self defense

Go back to post #4 ... how many fire extinguishers are sold vs actually needed?

I wear my seatbelts, have fire extinguishers in my vehicles and kitchen, first aid kits and extra Bandaids. Isn't fear of being hurt what sells bicycle and motorcycle helmets?

rockstarartist

I shoot like an android
    May 3, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Btw, thought this post was sarcasm til I realized it wasn't. Also, the problem with most issues in this country is the left. And while im being a d, i believe self defence would be the art of taking down your own fence. Which im sure you probably support as you must be against fences and walls. Haha, sorry for the naiveté.

No, it wasn't sarcasm. The OP asked for opinions, and so I offered. Just bringing my thoughts to the conversation.

Sigh. I am unsure as how to take your fence comment... Is that a trolling statement, or is it insinuating that it would be considered self-defense to attack me or my property? Or are you joking around? I dunno, I'll take it as a harmless response.

Cheers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I thought the ad was a bit extreme, it fomented divisiveness. Insinuating that all the violence that is occuring is from the left and that the problem with life in general is the left..well, thats a bit naive.

but i am against Stochastic Terrorism, and i think the NRA just accidentaly did just this.

Never did she say "all violence" was from the left. Her point was, defending one's self from the Stochastic Terrorism from the left with the "fist of truth"(a metaphor). Never did she say or suggest picking up arms or using violence against the left. Are we seeing the same ad?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Incorrect. A simple Google search will show you otherwise. Both factions have extremists on either side that are commiting violence. Not good.

Are there extreme Rightwing individuals that have committed violent acts. Sure. Without question. The last one I can think of was the guy who shot up a Planned Parenthood clinic. A year and a half ago.

But the rash of organized criminal activity that we're seeing now is coming solely from the Left. Anti-FA in Berkley and What Do We Want? Dead Cops!---When Do We Want It? Now! Followed by the assassination of a female Police Officer/Mother in New York City just the other day.

I can't think of one, single, incident where a large group of Right thinking Conservatives started beating people up, smashing storefront windows, and burning cars.

If you can think of one, I'm always open to standing corrected.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Are there extreme Rightwing individuals that have committed violent acts. Sure. Without question. The last one I can think of was the guy who shot up a Planned Parenthood clinic. A year and a half ago.

But the rash of organized criminal activity that we're seeing now is coming solely from the Left. Anti-FA in Berkley and What Do We Want? Dead Cops!---When Do We Want It? Now! Followed by the assassination of a female Police Officer/Mother in New York City just the other day.

I can't think of one, single, incident where a large group of Right thinking Conservatives started beating people up, smashing storefront windows, and burning cars.

If you can think of one, I'm always open to standing corrected.

"Right thinking Conservatives". I believe you are correct.

"Right-wing extremists in the United States fall into one of two broad umbrella movements or spheres: *white supremacists and anti-government extremists.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=WK_jkPhrddc
    I think this is the latest ad. I recently heard the interview with Mike Weisser, he talked about how the NRA has changed over the years and like any organization things will change. I love and buy guns because it's fun, it's my interest, and hobby. Last on the list is self defense. Its just very unlikely(extremely rare) I would need my guns for that purpose. And in this great free state of ours we don't have a self defense law so after we fight off the criminal we have to present our own case to the courts. My point is that it do seem the NRA way to recruit is the use of fear. A fear that 99 percent of us would never experience
    "Anyone see a priblem with this ad?"

Nope. Seems right on and straight to the heart of the issue to me. You can't deny the truth of her words.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Fear sells. Looks like they may have tied Dana's hands behind her back, at least she isn't flailing her arms around as in ones past. I don't see this video do anything but solidify a marginal base of NRA members.

Libs have a strange sense of what is funny. It appears, as long as you ridicule conservatives, it's funny. I saw that as a giant mis-allocation of gelatin emulsion and silver halite.

Brrrrother!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    OP threw this grenade in the room and watched everyone fling themselves on it, but has not continued in the discussion despite having been online as late as today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom