• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    I just wanted to share this with you all. My son got to try his hand at archery for the first time yesterday. He loved it! It was so awesome to see him enjoy it so much.

This bow belongs to my friend's son, so I think I know what my kid is getting for Christmas!

Maybe a matching father and son set...

Attachments

• bow1.JPG
      bow1.JPG
      117.2 KB · Views: 304

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Your son is showing very good form. Anchor arm straight back, parallel to the ground, with a solid corner-of-the-mouth anchor hand. He's a natural. Be sure you establish which is his dominant eye before buying that bow. :thumbsup:

Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Your son is showing very good form. Anchor arm straight back, parallel to the ground, with a solid corner-of-the-mouth anchor hand. He's a natural. Be sure you establish which is his dominant eye before buying that bow. :thumbsup:

That's great to hear! I don't know much about archery, to be honest.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Hondo, I have a bow that I bought for my 11 year old son that he outgrew before he ever slung an arrow. I had a new string put on it when I purchased from my neighbor. It just may be a little too heavy(pull) for your boy though it is hard to tell his age in the picture.

It is a Browning Micro Eclipse youth bow. Includes a single pin adjustable sight, lightweight mounted quiver, new whisker biscuit. I paid $225 for it last xmas and would like to get $160 for it. It is in perfect condition.

Here is some info:
    The Micro Eclipse is the industry’s FIRST EVER adjustable Micro Class One Cam bow. Micro Class bow hunters (small stature men, teenagers, women, and youth) will enjoy a full 5” of draw length adjustment, Micro Class overall bow proportions, a lightweight machined riser design, and remarkable performance.

IBO Speed: 270 f.p.s.
    Let-Off 65%
    Brace Height 6 1/4"
    Axle-Axle Length 32"
    Mass Weight 2.5#
    Draw length 21-25 inches
    Draw weight 35-50#

PM me your email if you are interested, and I will send you some pictures.

microstar22

Apr 24, 2016
    I remember when I got my first bow at 10. It was a "Black Bear". About my third shot I accidently pulled it across my chest and sent an arrow halfway through my fathers trailer for his paddleboat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom