• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    here's one I got last night, enjoy. Don't mind the little guy in the background.

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    What bow is that? What was the location, distance? Give us more info man!! Nice buck, congrats..!

Mont county, That's an Elite gt-500 72lbs 30 inch DL, he was about 18-20 yard from me when I shot Him. he came in by himself, I had several other smaller bucks all within 30 yards of me there and one wild non typical 8 I though about shooting. He pushed them all out and acted like he owned that little patch of woods which was good for me as they didn't see me draw my bow on him and let it fly. and Thanks

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Wow Mont. County has some nice bucks, was it on private land or public? At 18 yards I would have been trembling something fierce...Congrats again, good job, one less to hit on the road...

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Wow Mont. County has some nice bucks, was it on private land or public? At 18 yards I would have been trembling something fierce...Congrats again, good job, one less to hit on the road...

private, something about me I can draw and shoot any size deer just fine, after I shot him though is another story, my heart rate goes threw the roof, and my hands where shaking so bad i couldn't even text my bro to let him know whats up.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Yep lots of nice bucks down that way. Must be ALOT of land locked up by antis. Big buck breeding zones. Like this 1 customer and his kids that live next to Loch Raven, every year they shoot nice 8+ pointers, and the father has killed 3 piebalds as well- and all 3 full mounted. He said "I think that's enough piebalds for me". All were small deer though, I'm sure if he sees a big buck one, he will get it. Or the kids nail 1. The dad also has plenty of stories about antis, dumb neighbors calling the police during shotgun season, and his "shot 3 antlerless in a row" culling stories. Now I don't hear too many poacher stories, but he does have to run some guys off now and then that he finds trespassing, or call the DNR over a dead deer he finds now and then that someone didn't track, or they shot it illegally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom