• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    I checked my game cameras this weekend and there was a lynx on it. Besides the normal deer, bear, racoon and turkeys - anyone else have any unusual animals.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm hoping to see the bastards that have been poaching on my property, cutting the tenderloins and antlers out, and leaving the carcasses all over the place.
    :mad54:

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I'm hoping to see the bastards that have been poaching on my property, cutting the tenderloins and antlers out, and leaving the carcasses all over the place.

Better have it set to infared at night or chances are they'll take tenderloins, antlers and a game camera :mad54:

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD

Don't think it's just WV. My cousin in Texas has the same problem on his property, that's why he wants me to go and basically live there. All the pork and coyote pelts I want. (And enough Diamondbacks to make everyone on the forum boots:sad20:)

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Kinda funny this thread came up. Our game cameras in WV this weekend had something on it we couldn't figure out. Might have been a lynx, looked like a large cat, but the picture was kind of bright from the flash so we couldn't tell exactly what it was.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I checked my game cameras this weekend and there was a lynx on it. Besides the normal deer, bear, racoon and turkeys - anyone else have any unusual animals.

Never any weird animals but a guy I know that works for BGE had to take an emergency dump in the woods one day wheil doing a big job.

He kept hearing these little clicks, and couldnt see the source, sure enough after some exploring, 2 game cams caught him in full log loppin glory. :lol2:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Here's a question for you guys with experience with these things.....

How loud are they when they function? I'm not using it for the 4-legged animals and stealth is pretty important.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    How loud are they when they function? I'm not using it for the 4-legged animals and stealth is pretty important.

The infrareds, I use are pretty quiet.

The tell is the red LEDs, if your looking in that direction, you can't miss it in low light.

dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    Picture Attached.

The picture was in Mineral County. It was right at dusk and the camera took a lousy picture. I've attached it. I was thinking Linx as I thought it was too big for a bobcat. The time was really an hour later as I set the time for after daylight savings.

Attachments

• elkgardensep10 339.jpg
      elkgardensep10 339.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 517

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Bobcat, albeit a bigun....

Lynx are not found this far south on this side of the country. Also, the ear bands are a diagnostic trait of the bobcat. Lynx ears are edged in black that terminates into the long guard hairs that fringe the ear tips.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Here's a question for you guys with experience with these things.....

"most" game cameras are close to silent but like others have said the flash and red led's for the night shots are a dead give away to the 2 legged bandits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom