• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    I wish they showed a picture. Ive only ever seen small ones. Those are All huge weights

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This belongs in the "...best .357/.38 bullet for HD..." thread that was recently started. It would have backed my answer(that I never gave) in that thread.

Answer to that thread: An accurately placed bullet.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I remember a past video when people asked The Yankee Marsal what the best gun was for a bear..

He said none.. That it was just plain stupid to think anyone should give a bear a gun.. They already outweigh us, claws that will tear you up, crazy sense of smell (can smell a dead carcass 20 miles away), one of the strongest jaws, and flat out brute strength..stronger than any human on this planet already..
    So why on earth you would want to give a bear a gun aka our only tactical advantage over them on top of all that

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I remember a past video when people asked The Yankee Marsal what the best gun was for a bear..

He said none.. That it was just plain stupid to think anyone should give a bear a gun.. They already outweigh us, claws that will tear you up, crazy sense of smell (can smell a dead carcass 20 miles away), one of the strongest jaws, and flat out brute strength..stronger than any human on this planet already..
    So why on earth you would want to give a bear a gun aka our only tactical advantage over them on top of all that

Because of the Second Amendment silly! ...the right to arm bears...

:D

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    679 lbs, and it was the SECOND largest taken that day? Holy chit. Wrote down that list of PA counties from the article. I’m thinking non-resident PA license next season..........

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We're going to find out that the bear had previously been hit by a truck...

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Deep into the woods of PA for the week (plenty of bear up here). I took the family hound out for some exercise a couple times today and realized my little old G19 wrapped around my waist would not be enough for a bear encounter.. especially with the ammo I’m running. If it was ball ammo packing +p+ velocity probably feel a little more confident. In the next year or so I’ll look at adding a 357 or 10mm to the collection

Attachments

• 3DCC7537-AABA-4EE2-B790-0839DE2BB875.jpg
      3DCC7537-AABA-4EE2-B790-0839DE2BB875.jpg
      123.1 KB · Views: 261

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads