• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I usually carry a single stack 9mm. I'm trying to get into the habit of carrying a spare mag always.

In the summer I carry a pocket .380 a lot just because it's so light that I can carry it while jogging or wearing gym shorts.

Backpacking I open carry full sized in a chest holster.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That's a great idea too for someone like me who uses an IWB holster some days and some days other holsters. Gotta get me one of those.
    Seriously will change your carry life. To be able to simply reach down and loosen that belt to relieve the pressure on your intestines is amazing. Then slightly push the belt back through when you stand up.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    The thing is, it only goes to 44 inches. It's a pleather. But good for someone who dresses. Not a good carry belt.

I figured as much. I did pull the trigger on a Nexbelt that's actually scheduled to arrive this weekend if the tracking is accurate. I ordered a Titan BD and got 20% off since it was my first purchase.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Glock 23 or glock 27 depending on what I’m wearing and where I’m going.

My 23 is either in a crossbreed iwb, bravo torsion iwb, or raven concealment owb, depending again on what I’m wearing.

My 27 is in a bravo torsion iwb.

I carry these because I like shooting 40, I want to have a consistent platform, and want to run the same ammo in anything I use.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    The thing is, it only goes to 44 inches. It's a pleather. But good for someone who dresses. Not a good carry belt.

It is actual leather. 44” that may be a problem for some.

As for an appropriate carry belt, I’m not really sure what features should someone look for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I carry a P365 in a N82 IWB holster daily. I like its capacity, it is comfy and conceals well. I used to carry an LC9 IWB or an LCP in pocket when wearing shorts.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It is actual leather. 44” that may be a problem for some.

As for an appropriate carry belt, I’m not really sure what features should someone look for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Primarily stiffness, regular belts can sag or collapse. You want your carry belt to be able to keep your rig right where it needs to be and also not fight you if you ever have to draw.

Not as big a deal if going IWB but a must for OWB carry.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I've only been granted the "privilege" to carry for a short time, so I'm still experimenting and learning. So far, depending on the day:

Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster, spare mag in a small velcro pouch on the belt.

Pros: light, invisible, and Elsie Peas are so cheap these days that I can have a couple of them, that way if I'm leaving my business and not going straight home I can leave it in a safe at the business and not worry about running afoul of carry laws. And its comfortable

Cons: it's a 380, and pocket holsters are slow

or

Glock 43 in various kydex iwb holsters until I find the magic one, w/ a Taran Tactical +2 baseplate, carried at the 4oclock.

Pros: lightweight, glock reliability, 9mm superior to .380.

Cons: I have trouble keeping my pants up, lol. This comes from being a carry noob, and I'm sure once I find the right belt it will be better. I'm also overweight which does not help.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Question for dudes that pocket carry: I've been carrying a knife in my front right pocket since I was 16. If I don't have it there it feels like leaving the house without my cell phone. I just feel weird. What do you guys do with your blades while strong side pocket carrying? Most of my collection is Spyderco so I can easily change it to tip-up left pocket carry but it just feels weird.

I'm eventually going to do a review of my new Nexbelt EDC ratchet buckle. You'll never used another regular holed belt again. Most holes are an inch apart. The ratchet has 1/4 inch adjustments. You can easily relax the belt out a little when you sit down and get cramped, then easily push the belt to snug it up when you"thin out".

You convinced me. I just ordered one.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Question for dudes that pocket carry: I've been carrying a knife in my front right pocket since I was 16. If I don't have it there it feels like leaving the house without my cell phone. I just feel weird. What do you guys do with your blades while strong side pocket carrying? Most of my collection is Spyderco so I can easily change it to tip-up left pocket carry but it just feels weird.

When you get the belt, you need to trim it down. Don't trim too much off at a time. Work your way down. Also, size it to your iwb carry, plus a wee bit extra for possible future "expansion" :) think ahead. Mine is at about 42. I'm about a 38/40 jean size. Pants need room for the pistola too.
    The buckle attaches solid. That alligator clamp digs into the material and you also use the the 2 screws.
    509cbebf008ed3ca154522d10a73ba8b.jpg

Last edited:

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

My daily knife is about 2.5 inch blade with a pocket clip.
    When LCP is in right front pocket the knife is clipped to far right side of right rear pocket. Just as handy and it's far enough over that I don't sit on it.

I'm just about convinced on the ratchet belt too.

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

If you are going to pocket carry NEVER EVER NEVER carry anything else in that pocket. EVER.

Typically I carry a skinny wallet in my left front pocket, keys in my right front, knife in right rear and firearm OWB. On the few occasions I have pocket carried it goes in the right front and the keys find a new home in another pocket. Feels weird but you get used to it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    On the few times I pocket carried, it went into Left ( weak hand ) pocket . They keys, etc went into right pocket along with the knife, coins, etc .

On deep back burner thought about cargo pockets , but haven't yet gone so far as to work out a method .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom