• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much would you pay per year for an unrestricted MD Carry Permit?

• $0 - I won't pay blackmail money for a right

Votes: 110 43.8%
    • $100 per year seems reasonable

Votes: 84 33.5%
    • $250 per year, a bit high but worth it

Votes: 33 13.1%
    • $500 per year, but not liking it

Votes: 14 5.6%
    • $1000 per year, ridiculous, but I want a permit

Votes: 6 2.4%
    • $1500 or more... just bend me over, Annapolis

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If Maryland were to move to a "shall issue" structure, but decided to turn it into a revenue generator (as they do with most things), how much would you theoretically pony up on an annual basis to be able to legally carry concealed without restriction and without the need for G&S?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    First answer would be ZERO for my RIGHT.

That said, being stuck in this hole I would pay. How much would depend on the restrictions and how painful they made it. For unrestricted, real freedom, with no strings or BS attached $100/yr. Don't want a class, don't want to be printed (for the 100th+ time), nor photographed (again).

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    500.00 for 5 years ...........................yes I am stupid for saying that . But sometimes maybe even all the time these swamp critters look at how much money they can extort .

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    This could be turned into a poll. $100/year seems workable, albeit highway robbery compared to other states. Still, if that's the only way to get one, it beats not being able to.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Two hundred dollars a year. For an UNRESTRICTED license. Carry at all places at all times.

But only if my permit were issued by conducting a simple NICS check. If I qualify for a handgun, I qualify for a permit to carry that handgun.

No more reams of paperwork. No more three month long anal cavity probes. No more citizen of good standing reports being submitted by every person living in three different zip codes. No more calling ex-wifes. The same ex-wife who only has bad things to say about you. Cuzz they're your ***EX-WIFE***.

All that said, the state would prefer empty coffers over selling us our carry permits.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How much are you willing to pay per year for the right to vote? Or the right to practice the religion of your choice? Or the right to speak your mind?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_taxes_in_the_United_States
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harper_v._Virginia_State_Board_of_Elections

Last edited:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    How much are you willing to pay per year for the right to vote? Or the right to practice the religion of your choice? Or the right to speak your mind?

I agree that these are all enumerated rights, just like the 2nd Amendment. But only the 2nd gives me the immediate ability to defend my life. Until Maryland is forced to honor the U.S. Constitution, I'd rather suck up my moral outrage and write a check. I already write checks to three other states for the same 'privilege' to exercise a right that should be free.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    :D

th

I did vote $100, but that would be for 100% unrestricted.

Would liked to have seen a $20 or $50 vote option.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Bernard Shaw was at a party once and he told this woman that everyone would agree to do anything for money, if the price was high enough.
    "Surely not, she said."
    "Oh yes," he said.
    "Well, I wouldn't," she said.
    "Oh yes you would," he said. "For instance," he said, "would you sleep with me for... for a million pounds?"
    "Well," she said, "maybe for a million I would, yes."
    "Would you do it for ten shillings?" said Bernard Shaw.
    "Certainly not!" said the woman "What do you take me for? A prostitute?"
    "We've established that already," said Bernard Shaw. "We're just trying to fix your price now!"

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    $10 for a 4 or 5 year permit, $20 at most if you throw in the cost of printing the carry permit.

$10 is currently what the MSP charges to perform a background check on a person whom purchases a pistol. They should not charge more than that to print a carry permit.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    $10 for a 4 or 5 year permit, $20 at most if you throw in the cost of printing the carry permit.

$10 is currently what the MSP charges to perform a background check on a person whom purchases a pistol. They should not charge more than that to print a carry permit.

They don't charge anything for a voter registration card. A right is a right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom