• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    All,

I have 12/14 bottlenecked gauge Greener (Martini action) Police Gun coming soon. I actually do have a box of original shells from the 60s for it, but I don't want to shoot these as they aren't making any more. I know that Rocky Mountain Cartridge Company makes brass for these, but they don't provide loading data. Has anyone loaded these? Any suggestions? I would like to load with an equivalent smokeless load, but could also do BP. My original thought was to start at a light 16 ga load and work up, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience or thoughts on this. It's an odd-ball, so I welcome any insights.

Thanks!

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Isn't this the round with the special primer also. Like a rimfire in the center of a larger shell? the pin is of a special design to preclude building a 'zip-gun' If so primers are going to be a problem.

Good luck

Jerry

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks... The original ones did have a special primer, but the all brass ones that RMC sells will take a standard primer. Thanks. This will be an interesting experiment I think. Am going to be cautious with how I approach it, but I think the approach I have in mind should work and still allow me to keep all my fingers. Am still scouring the interwebs for some insight from someone else who has done this... Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom