• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    There's a thread in the MD 2A section I believe about wait times. It can take a week to a month, just depends on how busy they are and if there are any issues. You will likely receive a notice from the CJIS before the actual HQL card arrives.

With the holiday closing next week, you probably shouldn't expect it until the week of January 6th at the earliest.

For me it took 7 days to check off all of the databases on the website, then another 10 days for me to receive it in the mail.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I just started the HQL process :sad20: Ran out of C&R handguns i want. At least i found my hunters safety card so i don't have to sit through the training class.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I got the HQL in 14, I swore I wouldn't but my local gun shop had a great deal on a S&W Mod 41 I couldn't pass up. I also felt me getting it was an FU to owe'malley, as in you aren't stopping me you POS.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Congrats! :party29:

Your digital paperwork isn't over yet though. Once you get your HQL number, you have to create an additional account here:
    https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MSPBridgeClient/#/home
    to fill out your 77R and get an application and pin number before finally starting your purchase (and additional 7day wait :tap:)

Some thoughts on spreading the cost:
    Now that you've invested in the HQL, the more guns you buy with it, the more that investment can be spread out or prorated between them...so...it gets cheaper the more you buy ;)
    Since you're a Designated Collector, you can buy multiple handguns at once, on the same application and $10 fee. Sooo...again, that fee can also be spread to soften the blow. I try to buy at least 2 at a time (so it works out to be a $5 fee on each)...just on principle. I've been able to do 3 at once...but that's as high as I've been able to go in the interest of spending money to save money :o

Happy buying! :gun3:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Congrats! :party29:

Your digital paperwork isn't over yet though. Once you get your HQL number, you have to create an additional account here:
    https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MSPBridgeClient/#/home
    to fill out your 77R and get an application and pin number before finally starting your purchase (and additional 7day wait :tap:)

Some thoughts on spreading the cost:
    Now that you've invested in the HQL, the more guns you buy with it, the more that investment can be spread out or prorated between them...so...it gets cheaper the more you buy ;)
    Since you're a Designated Collector, you can buy multiple handguns at once, on the same application and $10 fee. Sooo...again, that fee can also be spread to soften the blow. I try to buy at least 2 at a time (so it works out to be a $5 fee on each)...just on principle. I've been able to do 3 at once...but that's as high as I've been able to go in the interest of spending money to save money :o

Happy buying! :gun3:

Yep I have done 77Rs on c&r handguns since it all went digital. I'm familiar with the process.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I got the HQL in 14, I swore I wouldn't but my local gun shop had a great deal on a S&W Mod 41 I couldn't pass up. I also felt me getting it was an FU to owe'malley, as in you aren't stopping me you POS.

I'm still holding out.

I got my S&W M41 from a local gunshop; the kicker was that it was old enough to be C&R-eligible. And a clean 98-99%.

My FU to O'M is sweeter since I didn't have to pay the "poll tax". (I suppose the modern version would be "pol tax". FU, MD GA.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Well, I've put it off as long as I can...

I'm getting my fingerprints scanned tomorrow night (1/8/2020)...

$60.xx...

Some of the new hand guns on the market "forced" me to do it...

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I hear ya!

I've been telling myself I don't "need" any new handguns. I placated myself by buying another upper to feed my AR addiction, but there are a few handguns that are calling me to the dark side. Sooner or later I'm gonna cave.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Still hasn't moved past PENDING

I remember one or two agencies reporting in right away, followed by a whole lot of nothin' for a couple of weeks...then :poof: there it was, all done overnight. Hang in there...you're next wait should only be 7 days ;)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I remember one or two agencies reporting in right away, followed by a whole lot of nothin' for a couple of weeks...then :poof: there it was, all done overnight. Hang in there...you're next wait should only be 7 days ;)

It doesn't list which agencies are outstanding. At least if it does I can't find where

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom